The Sony PlayStation Network data breach that exposed personal and password information -- and possibly credit cards -- of an estimated 77 million people is already considered one of tech history's worst security failures.
The hacker who has received widespread grassroots support after being sued by Sony for posting code that can jailbreak Sony PlayStation consoles blamed the company's recent data breach on executive-level arrogance.
Sony plans to resume production of Blu-ray and other optical discs at a tsunami-hit factory in northern Japan in late May, it said Thursday.
The massive Sony PlayStation Network data breach that exposed personal and password information -- and possibly credit cards -- of an estimated 77 million people is an identity-theft bonanza.
Sony has admitted that account details, logins and online IDs for registered Sony PlayStation Network users, as many as 77 million people, have been compromised. The information was stolen sometime between April 17 and 19, according to a Sony blog po...
This is a timeline of major events associated with the attack on Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity online services.
It's been six days and the PlayStation Network is still offline, and now Sony has acknowledged that the problem involved a security breach.
Things just got a lot worse for users of the Sony PlayStation Network. With the service still offline after almost six days, Sony has now said that an intruder stole personal information about its users, potentially including their credit card number...
Sony's top executive in charge of its games division appeared in front of journalists in Tokyo on Tuesday but failed to address an outage of the company's PlayStation Network that is now in its sixth day and is affecting up to 75 million customers.
Sony will take its first step into the tablet market later this year when it launches two devices. Prototypes of the two tablets were previewed at a Tokyo news conference on Tuesday, but what are they like to use? On Tuesday evening I had a brief cha...
Sony will make its long-awaited entry into the tablet PC market later this year with two models based on the latest version of Google's Android operating system.
Sony has yet to determine the full scope of an attack on its PlayStation Network and Qriocity services that has left more than 75 million people without access for more than four days.
The outage of Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity service, now in its fourth day, looks set to continue after the company said on Sunday that it is "rebuilding" its system to better guard against attacks.
An unexplained outage of Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity services entered its third day Saturday, with no clear details on when the service might be up and running again.
Norio Ohga, one of the handful of men who shaped Sony into the global consumer electronics giant that it is today, died on Saturday morning in Tokyo at the age of 81, Sony said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT