An annual show in Taipei this year will roll out games geared toward the fast-growing and potentially lucrative China online market, event organizers said on Wednesday.
Stiff price competition in the flat-screen TV market and the strong Japanese yen hurt profits at Sony in the last three months of 2010, the company said Thursday.
Final Fantasy II was my first Final Fantasy. Back in 1991 when it was on the Super Nintendo and still called Final Fantasy II, anyway. Today it's Final Fantasy IV, because it was actually fourth in Japan. And for its 20th birthday bash, it's getting ...
From the looks of them, two new Sony Cyber-shot cameras announced today will be among the league leaders in point-and-shoot versatility when they become available in April.
Apple's decision to reject Sony's e-reader application today sparked speculation that Apple would soon yank Amazon's popular Kindle software from the App Store.
Sony's been playing cat-and-mouse with PS3 firmware crackers, and less than a day after its version 3.56 firmware was released, hackers have circumvented Sony's locks.
Android has surged past Symbian to become the world's best-selling smartphone operating system, according to Canalys.
The major refresh of the PlayStation Portable unveiled on Thursday is the result of a two-year effort to rethink the basic gaming platform, according to Kaz Hirai, chairman of Sony Computer Entertainment.
Sony's PlayStation Portable and Nintendo's DS have both been challenged in the handheld gaming market by the increasing popularity of smartphones, particularly the iPhone (as well as the other iOS devices: the iPad and the iPod Touch).
If what goes up must come down, then what goes down occasionally bounces.
I guess Sony didn't get the memo about how jailbreaking is not illegal, because the company has decided to sue several users who hacked the PS3.
IBM earned more U.S. patents in 2010 than any other company, topping the list of patent winners for the 18th year in a row.
Nyko is bringing the Perfect Shot handgun controller -- similar to the one that launched for Wii in 2007 -- to the Playstation Move. The Move controller slides into the top of the gun shell, which rumbles with help from two AA batteries that last abo...
A group of Hollywood studios and technology companies has come up with a system for buying digital movies and TV shows that's supposed to do away with the problem of content being locked to a narrow set of devices by the company that sold it.
The "Avatar effect" that was supposed to make 3D TV so popular last year failed to materialize, but manufacturers, ever optimistic, say a wider selection of films and some modest technology improvements should make 2011 a better year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW