Mark our words: 2011 is the year for Android gaming. Two years ago, the iPhone was effectively the only phone that supported serious gaming -- unless you consider Brickbreaker on the BlackBerry to be the ultimate gaming experience. Last spring, Googl...
Technology companies across Asia have found ways to help people in Japan left devastated by the 9.0-magnitude earthquake last Friday, the 7-meter tsunami it spawned, and displacement caused by troubles at a nuclear power plant there.
Japan's major electronics companies took stock of their problems on Monday, as the country struggles to come to terms with the scale of devastation following Friday's massive earthquake and tsunami.
A series of planned electricity blackouts will begin rolling through regions in most of eastern Japan on Monday. The blackouts are intended to manage a dramatic fall in power generation capacity caused by a massive earthquake and tsunami that hit the...
A day after Japan's biggest earthquake ever caused widespread destruction and as-yet uncounted deaths, Japan's biggest electronics companies are trying to ensure that employees in disaster areas are safe and facilities remain intact.
Japanese electronics giant Sony airlifted emergency supplies by helicopter to hundreds of employees stuck at a Blu-ray Disc factory in Miyagi, Japan, on Saturday, a day after an 8.9-magnitude earthquake sent a massive tsunami rolling through the faci...
Passing the second anniversary of the Great Recession's market low this week, the technology sector remains a pillar for corporate revenue and investor confidence, as industry bellwethers like IBM and Apple make impressive share gains.
The Sony executive credited with turning the PlayStation into a money-maker, Kazuo Hirai, is in the lead to take over from Howard Stringer after he retires, the Sony chairman said Thursday. But Stringer noted that the race is not over yet.
Sony will reorganize its operations and shuffle executives on April 1 in a series of moves that maintains Howard Stringer's leadership and positions two executives to potentially succeed him one day as chairman of the electronics giant.
Seventeen of the 22 new BRAVIA LCD TVs announced by Sony Australia on Tuesday will feature Sony Internet TV, the company's latest extension of the BRAVIA Internet Video video-on-demand service. With a staggered release from March onwards, Sony's 2011...
Sony is pretty annoyed with those hooligans hacking its beloved PlayStation 3. So annoyed, in fact, that they've involved law enforcement: On February 23, PS3 and Linux hacker graf_chokolo said the local police and a Sony representative raided his ho...
Not only are consumer IT products finding their way into the enterprise, they're also finding their way back into Cebit, one of the world's biggest professional IT shows, which opens in Hanover, Germany, next week.
Lenovo and Sony on Tuesday announced faster laptops based on Intel's new Sandy Bridge processors, which the PC makers said could offer longer battery life than models based on Intel's older chips.
When the Nintendo Wii was first announced at E3 in 2005, I, like many gamers, wrote it off as a gimmick. After all, part of being a gamer was being a slob on the couch, eating the Official Food of Gaming (pizza) and drinking the Official Drink of Gam...
What would you call a Blizzard job listing for 'Senior Producer, Console,' on Diablo III? Waffling? Uncertain? Iffy? How about "pretty much a shoe-in"?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Defence - NV1SA
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2SA
- CCInfrastructure Specialist :SCOMWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- FTIT Operations ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- TPJava Developer -- ContractWA