Sony is getting into the drone business with winged machines that take off vertically and could be used in everything from agriculture to construction.
Instead of making you choose between Apple AirPlay and Google Cast, Sony's latest whole-home speakers will work with both.
After China lifted its ban on video game consoles, both Microsoft and Sony moved fast to launch their products in the country. But at least for this year, the sales will be lackluster, according to a research firm.
Struggling electronics maker Sony has moved further into the crowdfunding scene by starting its own platform to raise funds for internally generated business ideas, including a new universal remote control with an electronic paper interface.
The Japanese gaming giant is releasing the PlayStation 4 Ultimate Player Edition, a version of its console that comes with twice the storage a 1 terabyte.
It can't cook or clean or do laundry, but SoftBank's Pepper could become the first breakout humanoid consumer robot and the vanguard of an era of mechanized, cloud-connected assistants.
Xbox One sales in April gave Microsoft a glimmer of hope in the console market, but the PlayStation 4 retook the top position in the U.S. last month, according to Sony.
Google gets on smart cities bandwagon... eBay, PayPal hit a nerve with robocall provision in use terms... Spotify arms for battle with Apple... and more tech news.
Japanese messaging app Line is bolstering its dominance in Japan with a paid on-demand music streaming service featuring an initial catalog of over 1.5 million songs.
Sony has an ambitious plan to bring 4K video-shooting capabilities to a wide range of its point-and-shoot and SLR cameras over time, and a new sensor developed by the company will make that possible.
Sony's new bringing the ability to shoot 4K video to cameras that fit in pockets with its two new Cybershot products.
Sony's push to get enterprise users to store data on optical discs has received added momentum with its acquisition of a Facebook-linked startup focused on optical storage.
Sony's new flagship smartphone, the Xperia Z4, will be called the Xperia Z3+ when it goes on sale outside Japan in June. The phone has a sleeker design, faster processor and better front camera than the Z3 it replaces.
Obama claims @POTUS, tweets...YouTube Kids shows beer ads...Samsung off the hook for some Apple damages...and more tech news.
Sony has confirmed it is setting up a video game development studio focused on Project Morpheus, the PlayStation 4 virtual reality headset.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft expands connected car push with patent licensing
- Leaked iCloud credentials obtained from third parties, Apple says
- Elgato's Stream Deck is a programmable LCD control center that makes game streaming easy
- Google's Android Things OS won't work on new Raspberry Pi board
- Wikileaks documents show CIA's Mac and iPhone compromises
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- TPTechnical Analyst - 6 Month Contract - Great Rates Of PayNSW
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- TPSAP Data Migration LeadQLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst AgileQLD
- TPGIS Resource Data & TestingQLD
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperQLD
- TPProcess Business Analyst - Digital InnovationNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderSA
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSolutions Architects - 10 roles availableACT
- CCInfrastructure Test Lead - Contract 6-8 wks initially - IT Services - North RydeNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCUnix/Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTGraduate Software EngineerNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW