Sony returned to profitability in the second quarter, helped by strong sales of key products, prompting it to raise its profit outlook for the full year on Thursday.
The ABC's iView catch-up television service is now available on Sony's Internet-connected BRAVIA televisions and Blu-ray players.
Shortages of Android-based HTC Evo and HTC Droid Incredible smartphones were expected to spur sales of the Motorola Droid X, which first went on sale July 15.
The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), a group of 58 Hollywood studios and technology companies, is pinning its hopes for the future of entertainment on UltraViolet, an online digital locker that would allow you to buy a movie once, and ...
PlayStation Home Director Jack Buser announced a new partnership with IndieCade creators -- now called Codename -- today that expands the indie games scene on Sony's virtual world/game platform. Among the first indie devs on the service are The Odd G...
The PS3 can do 3D 1080p, but it probably shouldn't. That's what Sony's telling 3D developers, anyway, in what amounts to an unofficial cap trotted out in warning because the company is worried frame rates at high-def's current pinnacle resolution wil...
Retail video game sales fell slightly in June, dragged under by anemic handheld hardware and software sales, but bolstered by strong console unit growth. Helped by new model sales, the Xbox 360 topped the Wii for the first time in months, pulling ahe...
Though 3D-capable cameras are nothing new, two new additions to Sony's 2010 Cyber-shot line are notable for their 3D-shooting capabilities: They're the first everyday point-and-shoot cameras that offer 3D imaging capabilities, and they create 3D phot...
Microsoft just flipped its bevel-edged, cream-colored Xbox 360 to piano black, and now Sony's shifting its matte-sable slimline PS3 into the ivory zone.
Could HDMI's days be numbered? It could be, if a new a new audio/video (A/V) cable standard developed by four tech companies catches on.
More than half a million Sony laptops sold this year contain a software bug that could lead them to overheat, the company said Wednesday.
That Jeff Lebowski was one cool dude.
Sony released an update to its PlayStation 3 on Tuesday that brings several new features and launches the PlayStation's first subscription gaming service.
Sony's monolithic cell-powered console is getting a new software update via firmware that's planning to bring some significant additions and tweaks to the Playstation 3 user experience--namely, the addition of the subscription-based PlayStation Plus ...
Valve's super-secret E3 surprise turns out to be a bit of crow-munching in the form of Portal 2, its geometry-bending shooter, for Sony's PlayStation 3.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malware from Mirai DDoS attack continues to harass in short bursts
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over US$37 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Voice & VideoACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamic AXQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Management FrameworkNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTData AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW