Could HDMI's days be numbered? It could be, if a new a new audio/video (A/V) cable standard developed by four tech companies catches on.
More than half a million Sony laptops sold this year contain a software bug that could lead them to overheat, the company said Wednesday.
That Jeff Lebowski was one cool dude.
Sony released an update to its PlayStation 3 on Tuesday that brings several new features and launches the PlayStation's first subscription gaming service.
Sony's monolithic cell-powered console is getting a new software update via firmware that's planning to bring some significant additions and tweaks to the Playstation 3 user experience--namely, the addition of the subscription-based PlayStation Plus ...
Valve's super-secret E3 surprise turns out to be a bit of crow-munching in the form of Portal 2, its geometry-bending shooter, for Sony's PlayStation 3.
Sony's plans for 3D entertainment begin coming together on Thursday as the company kicks off sales of 3D televisions and begins offering 3D games for its PlayStation 3 console.
The latest gadget from Sony's in-house geeks will surely get your cat tweeting. A prototype tweeting cat collar, which Sony created in collaboration with the University of Tokyo, last month's Open House 2010.
Sony has developed a flexible color display that's sturdy enough to be wrapped around a pencil while still showing video images.
What if you hadn't thrown away the old and clunky--but beloved--technology that littered your youth? Would your <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/173033/evolution_of_the_cell_phone.html">first cell phone</a>, computer, or early Pong system be w...
Google has partnered with Intel and Sony to create Google TV, an ambitious attempt to bake its Android software into TVs, Blu-ray players, and a Google set-top box called Buddy Box. Google TV is clearly a challenge to Apple TV, the Boxee Box, TiVo an...
Have you been itching to know what's under the Kin's skin? The helpful demolition experts at iFixit and Chipworks lay it all for you in a step-by-step disassembly of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/050510-microsoft-kin-phones-to-go.htm...
Sony recorded its second straight year of losses last year as sales fell 6.7 percent, but the company expects to return to profitability this year, it said Thursday.
Sony today announced it will be releasing two interchangeable lens digital cameras: the NEX-3 and NEX-5. The cameras will be available in late June. Interchangeable lens cameras straddle the line between advanced compact cameras and digital SLR camer...
Sony remained in the red last year but managed to more than halve losses thanks to a better-than-expected end to the financial year, the company said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
- Ashley Madison misled users with a fake security award
- Epic Games forum hack underscores the need to install security patches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - Voice And DataVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC