Hackers are circulating credentials for thousands of FTP sites and appear to have compromised file transfer servers at The New York Times and other organizations, according to a security expert.
The Australian video and computer games industry tipped over the $2 billion mark in 2013, with traditional hard-copy retail sales hitting $1.14bn and digital sales reaching an estimated $899 million, according to data from NPD Group Australia.
Panasonic is bringing 4K video content creation to video buffs with its Lumix GH4 camera, which launches globally this spring.
Sony will sell its struggling PC business to a Japanese investment firm, meaning the slick "Vaio" brand could all but disappear from markets outside Japan.
Sony will sell its struggling PC business to a Japanese investment firm, the company said Thursday, meaning the slick "Vaio" brand could all but disappear from markets outside Japan.
Sales of the PlayStation 4 and smartphones helped Sony turn a net profit of ¥27 billion (US$266 million) in the October to December quarter of last year, up sharply from a loss of ¥10.8 billion a year earlier.
Struggling electronics giant Sony painted a rosy picture of its future at CES last month, but it will likely have to shed divisions that are battling intense headwinds.
Sony is still working to fix an error in its PlayStation 4 console that corrupts game saves, it said Wednesday.
Unity Technologies has added the ability to develop games for the Sony PlayStation Vita to version 4.3 of its cross-platform toolset.
Online electronics retailer, Kogan, is on the verge of launching a 55in 4K television below the $1000 mark, describing it as “the world’s best value Ultra High Definition TV.”
Sony will launch a laser projector that can turn your living room wall into a giant, 147-inch 4K display with ultra high definition.
Sony's new streaming video service, due to launch in the U.S. later this year, isn't intended as a direct competitor to cable television, CEO Kaz Hirai said Tuesday.
Ultra-high-definition televisions, also called "4K" sets, have been on the market less than two years but already make up at least 10 percent of revenue at Sony's TV business, its chief executive said Tuesday.
Sony sold more than 4 million PlayStation 4 units in December, putting it on top in the console war with Microsoft, Sony announced at International CES 2014 on Tuesday.
Sony added nine more models in three series to its 4K TV range at the International CES show on Monday, promising cheaper offerings but not specifying prices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan drops Agora 4G price, launches 4G+
- Sony to offer refunds over misleading PS Vita ads
- Grab a $49 Android tablet with your grocery shopping
- Wearable technology is more than displaying information: Jawbone
- Home Depot spent $43 million on data breach in just one quarter
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC