Sophos is betting entirely on the cloud in a bid to make it easier for understaffed IT departments to manage cyberattacks.
Don't worry, you're not the only one with more questions than answers about the 1.2 billion user credentials amassed by Russian hackers.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
A vulnerability allows attackers to disable Microsoft's antimalware products by sending specifically crafted files to users via websites, email or instant messaging applications.
A malware campaign of yet-to-be-determined origin is infecting jailbroken iPhones and iPads to steal Apple account credentials from SSL encrypted traffic.
A new variant of the Gameover computer Trojan is targeting job seekers and recruiters by attempting to steal log-in credentials for Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com accounts.
A new variant of the Gameover malware that steals online banking credentials comes with a kernel-level rootkit that makes it significantly harder to remove, according to security researchers from Sophos.
Fortinet, one of the biggest computer security vendors, is suing rival Sophos alleging it poached senior staff in breach of an agreement signed when a Fortinet executive jumped ship to Sophos earlier this year.
The creators of CryptoLocker, a piece of malware that encrypts user data and holds it for ransom, are giving users who removed the malicious program from their computers a second chance to recover their files, but at a much higher cost.
Domain registrar Name.com forced its customers to reset their account passwords on Wednesday following a security breach on the company's servers that might have resulted in customer information being compromised.
Social network's new overlay for Android smartphones 'would be the first thing I would block on my network,' said one security adviser
Security vendor Sophos has released an update for the software used on its Web gateway security appliance in order to address three serious vulnerabilities in the product's Web-based user interface.
The majority of email and Web gateways, firewalls, remote access servers, UTM (united threat management) systems and other security appliances have serious vulnerabilities, according to a security researcher who analyzed products from multiple vendor...
Until late January, Apple's App Store servers did not encrypt all communications with iOS clients, which exposed users to several potential attacks, according to a Google security researcher.
One week after launching a security bug bounty program, the new file-storage and sharing service Mega claims to have fixed seven vulnerabilities, none of which met its highest severity classification.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW