Cisco Systems may be "rebalancing" its business by eliminating 4000 jobs, or about 5 per cent of its workforce, but it'll keep its hands off its hot new security acquisition, Sourcefire.
Cisco is set to expand its security software portfolio with the acquisition of Sourcefire in a deal worth US$2.7 billion.
Sourcefire Monday announced a new line of intrusion-prevention systems (IPS) that sets the foundation for the company's anticipated foray into the application-aware next-generation firewall market later this year.
Open-source security company Sourcefire has announced an entry-level Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) it claims will democratize a technology that is still seen as being exclusively for large companies with experienced security teams, rather than sm...
One of the big advantages of using Linux is that its security tends to be so much better than that of the competing alternatives.
Sourcefire today announced it has acquired start-up Immunet for $21 million, including $17 million paid at closing and $4 million expected to be paid over the next 18 months upon “achievement of product-delivery milestones related to the enterprise v...
Is Snort, the 12-year-old open-source intrusion detection and prevention system, dead?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC