Cisco Systems may be "rebalancing" its business by eliminating 4000 jobs, or about 5 per cent of its workforce, but it'll keep its hands off its hot new security acquisition, Sourcefire.
Cisco is set to expand its security software portfolio with the acquisition of Sourcefire in a deal worth US$2.7 billion.
Sourcefire Monday announced a new line of intrusion-prevention systems (IPS) that sets the foundation for the company's anticipated foray into the application-aware next-generation firewall market later this year.
Open-source security company Sourcefire has announced an entry-level Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) it claims will democratize a technology that is still seen as being exclusively for large companies with experienced security teams, rather than sm...
One of the big advantages of using Linux is that its security tends to be so much better than that of the competing alternatives.
Sourcefire today announced it has acquired start-up Immunet for $21 million, including $17 million paid at closing and $4 million expected to be paid over the next 18 months upon “achievement of product-delivery milestones related to the enterprise v...
Is Snort, the 12-year-old open-source intrusion detection and prevention system, dead?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for $4.8B
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW