PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
Microsoft has sued a Hong Kong seller of mobile ringtones, saying the company used phishing techniques to flood Microsoft Live Messenger users with spam messages.
An overwhelming majority of Web sites promoted through spam are hosted in China at service providers that many times choose to ignore complaints and allow illegal activity, according to research from the University of Alabama.
As mobile users are more frequently pestered by SMS spam, one security vendor is applying its experience in stopping e-mail spam for mobile networks.
Spammers are never far from a hot story, it seems, and in the past day they've been flooding Twitter with phoney messages about Iran and the<strong> </strong>latest iPhone 3.0 operating system.
A McAfee study estimates 62 trillion spam e-mails equal 33 billion kilowatt hours of electricity or about as much carbon as 3.1 million cars consuming 2 billion gallons of gasoline. In January, a study by Harvard University claimed two Google searche...
What the average guy might call a con is known in the security world as social engineering. Social engineering is the criminal art of scamming a person into doing something or divulging sensitive information. These days, there are thousands of ways f...
On October 14, the US Federal Trade Commission, with help from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation and New Zealand police, announced that it had shut down a vast international spam network known as HerbalKing.
As more and more spammers are arrested, prosecuted, and sued under state and federal antispam statutes, there's one thing you can count on: Someone somewhere will invariably call the targeted spammer a "spam king."
What Gates, McCain and others have said about those pesky, unwanted e-mails.
A compilation of the most notorious convicted spammers
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Moore's Law lives on with speedy 7-nm mobile chips coming in 2018
- U.S. and U.K. spy agencies have been intercepting in-flight phone calls for years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTPerformance TesterNSW
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD