PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
Most of us don't like paying for antivirus (AV) software, but at least home users can rely on one of the free options, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, avast!, or AVG Free.
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
Microsoft has sued a Hong Kong seller of mobile ringtones, saying the company used phishing techniques to flood Microsoft Live Messenger users with spam messages.
An overwhelming majority of Web sites promoted through spam are hosted in China at service providers that many times choose to ignore complaints and allow illegal activity, according to research from the University of Alabama.
As mobile users are more frequently pestered by SMS spam, one security vendor is applying its experience in stopping e-mail spam for mobile networks.
Spammers are never far from a hot story, it seems, and in the past day they've been flooding Twitter with phoney messages about Iran and the<strong> </strong>latest iPhone 3.0 operating system.
A McAfee study estimates 62 trillion spam e-mails equal 33 billion kilowatt hours of electricity or about as much carbon as 3.1 million cars consuming 2 billion gallons of gasoline. In January, a study by Harvard University claimed two Google searche...
What the average guy might call a con is known in the security world as social engineering. Social engineering is the criminal art of scamming a person into doing something or divulging sensitive information. These days, there are thousands of ways f...
On October 14, the US Federal Trade Commission, with help from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation and New Zealand police, announced that it had shut down a vast international spam network known as HerbalKing.
As more and more spammers are arrested, prosecuted, and sued under state and federal antispam statutes, there's one thing you can count on: Someone somewhere will invariably call the targeted spammer a "spam king."
What Gates, McCain and others have said about those pesky, unwanted e-mails.
A compilation of the most notorious convicted spammers
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Digital Analytics and Customer InsightsNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCHelpdesk/Desktop supportVIC
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Developer - Government - SydneyNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC