IBM may be the fastest-growing vendor in the worldwide security software market, but it's also the owner of the world's largest source of spam.
Over 23,000 Web servers were infected with a backdoor called CryptoPHP that's bundled with pirated themes and plug-ins for popular content management systems.
An antispam organization is pushing for quick law enforcement action against five people it alleges took part in one of the largest cyberattacks on record that caused Internet outages throughout Europe early last year.
The Spamhaus Project will soon publish two new data feeds intended to prevent people from being lured to malware-infected websites and domains.
A 35-year-old Dutchman suspected of participating in a large DDoS attack on antispam organization Spamhaus was extradited from Spain to the Netherlands on Monday evening, the Dutch Public Prosecution Service said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- CCTesting Business Analyst (Gold Coast based)QLD
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Full Stack .NET Developer - AngularJSNSW
- FTAccount Security ManagerACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTFrontend Developer/DesignerNSW
- CCLead Technical Specialist VMwareVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTUX CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNERQLD
- FTData AnalystVIC
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161103/AP/813Asia
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW