IBM may be the fastest-growing vendor in the worldwide security software market, but it's also the owner of the world's largest source of spam.
Over 23,000 Web servers were infected with a backdoor called CryptoPHP that's bundled with pirated themes and plug-ins for popular content management systems.
An antispam organization is pushing for quick law enforcement action against five people it alleges took part in one of the largest cyberattacks on record that caused Internet outages throughout Europe early last year.
The Spamhaus Project will soon publish two new data feeds intended to prevent people from being lured to malware-infected websites and domains.
A 35-year-old Dutchman suspected of participating in a large DDoS attack on antispam organization Spamhaus was extradited from Spain to the Netherlands on Monday evening, the Dutch Public Prosecution Service said Wednesday.
The man suspected of participating in a large DDoS attack on an antispam organization that caused intermittent Internet hiccups drove around Spain in a van he used as a mobile office, Spain's Interior Ministry said Sunday.
Spamhaus is warning marketers to keep their databases cleansed of bad email addresses lest their messages be mistaken for spam and blocked.
Many of the domain names used by a cybercriminal gang to control computers infected with the Virut malware were disabled last week in a coordinated takedown effort, Spamhaus, an organization dedicated to fighting spam, announced Saturday.
Google has yet to stop a rising number of spammers from abusing Google Docs, its Web-based collaboration and spreadsheet application, according to junk mail watchdog Spamhaus.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT