Oracle may own the Java trademark, but VMware is touting its own Spring framework as the best programming model for enterprise Java developers.
The enterprise variant of Java faced off against the Spring Framework this week in a debate over which one developers should use for <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/t/java">Java</a> application development.
The VMforce cloud platform in development by VMware and Salesforce.com will be most useful for customers with existing Salesforce deployments, but can technically be used to build any Java application, a VMware official says.
VMware's SpringSource is acquiring database-caching software company GemStone Systems, the company announced Thursday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The new version of the Groovy programming language aims to make life easier for programmers who work with Java and SQL, the language's developers note.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle RDBMS/UNIX) 160810/AP/713Asia
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA