Oracle may own the Java trademark, but VMware is touting its own Spring framework as the best programming model for enterprise Java developers.
The enterprise variant of Java faced off against the Spring Framework this week in a debate over which one developers should use for <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/t/java">Java</a> application development.
The VMforce cloud platform in development by VMware and Salesforce.com will be most useful for customers with existing Salesforce deployments, but can technically be used to build any Java application, a VMware official says.
VMware's SpringSource is acquiring database-caching software company GemStone Systems, the company announced Thursday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The new version of the Groovy programming language aims to make life easier for programmers who work with Java and SQL, the language's developers note.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm's new chip may be too late as ARM server market fades
- Democrats unveil bill to probe Russia's role in alleged election hacks
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Amazon replaces cashiers with AI and computer learning
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- FTProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC