Oracle may own the Java trademark, but VMware is touting its own Spring framework as the best programming model for enterprise Java developers.
The enterprise variant of Java faced off against the Spring Framework this week in a debate over which one developers should use for <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/t/java">Java</a> application development.
The VMforce cloud platform in development by VMware and Salesforce.com will be most useful for customers with existing Salesforce deployments, but can technically be used to build any Java application, a VMware official says.
VMware's SpringSource is acquiring database-caching software company GemStone Systems, the company announced Thursday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The new version of the Groovy programming language aims to make life easier for programmers who work with Java and SQL, the language's developers note.
Latest News Articles
- Japan Airlines hopes smartwatches for gate staff will fly
- File-encrypting Android ransomware 'Simplocker' targets English-speaking users
- Dropbox for Business grows more security, IT admin muscles
- Google rival slams EU Commission over antitrust settlement proposals
- Mt. Gox trustee leaves door open to revival of Bitcoin exchange
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »