Wi-Fi may carry many voice calls within the next few years, but the technology required to make those calls is still young in some ways.
Google has laid the groundwork for its own cellular service by buying capacity on the networks of Sprint and T-Mobile USA, according to news reports.
Sprint's WiMax network, launched in 2008 as the first commercial 4G system in the U.S., will finally shut down in November 2015.
Sprint has reached a deal to buy T-Mobile US for about US$50 billion, according to news reports on Wednesday.
Sprint Nextel made a net loss of US$1.6 billion for the second quarter, swollen by the cost of shutting down its Nextel wireless network, but the company is more optimistic about future profitability.
SoftBank completed its US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint Nextel on Wednesday, capping a months-long effort that was complicated by two bidding wars and some national-security objections but is expected to produce a stronger rival to the dominant ...
Clearwire shareholders approved Sprint Nextel's takeover of their company on Monday, ending a saga that had included years of uncertainty and finally a bidding war for the spectrum-rich wireless network operator.
In the wee hours of Sunday morning, Sprint Nextel will give its iDEN push-to-talk network the final push -- over the edge.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to open up 10 megahertz of spectrum in the 1900MHz band for commercial mobile services.
Dish Network has dropped its offer to buy Clearwire, probably clearing the path for a strengthened Sprint Nextel to complete its takeover of the struggling but spectrum-rich mobile operator.
Sprint Nextel shareholders have voted overwhelmingly to approve SoftBank's US$21.6 billion takeover bid, setting the stage for the deal to close early next month.
Sprint Nextel has offered and Clearwire has accepted a bid of US$5 per share for the struggling wireless network provider, raising the stakes yet again in an expensive bidding war between Sprint and satellite service provider Dish Network.
Dish Network won't try to beat SoftBank's US$21.6 billion bid for Sprint Nextel, apparently clearing the way for the Japanese service provider to buy Sprint.
Sprint Nextel sued Clearwire and Dish Network on Monday in a bid to block Dish from taking over Clearwire, Sprint's majority-owned network partner.
Clearwire's board of directors has unanimously recommended its shareholders reject the takeover bid by Sprint Nextel, which owns roughly half of Clearwire, and instead accept a buyout offer from Dish Network.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- FTChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- CCChange and Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW