A group of U.S. businesses has announced a goal of creating 100,000 call center jobs in the country over the next two years, using broadband as the supporting infrastructure.
Clearwire plans to deploy an LTE network in addition to its existing WiMax system but estimates it will need to raise about US$600 million to do so.
WiMax mobile operator Clearwire plans to add equipment to its network that can use LTE-Advanced, the next generation of LTE technology, the company announced Wednesday.
Sprint Nextel is a wholesale customer of Clearwire's WiMax service but will itself become a wholesale provider of the service to other carriers.
Sprint Nextel's deal with LightSquared to build and run its LTE network for more than US$13 billion in cash and credits all comes down to money.
A senior U.S. senator has urged two federal agencies to reject AT&T's proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA.
The U.S. government will push its electronics suppliers to provide energy-efficient and easily recycled products under a new policy released Wednesday.
Sprint Nextel has given up its majority voting power at Clearwire to defuse investors' concerns about the danger to Sprint if Clearwire defaulted on its debt.
AT&T will be able to significantly improve its mobile network capacity and give better service to its customers because of its proposed acquisition of rival T-Mobile USA, company officials said Thursday.
Sprint has launched its long-rumored Photon 4G, its first Motorola Android phone running the Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core ARM processor.
Sprint Nextel, joined by an army of thousands of consumers, have filed requests for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to block AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA.
Cox Communications is backing down from its ambitious plan to build its own 3G cellular network, saying on Tuesday that it will decommission its infrastructure and use Sprint Nextel's network to provide its subscribers with a branded mobile service.
The U.S. government and the country's top mobile phone service providers on Tuesday launched a public safety program that will allow people to receive emergency alerts via text message.
WiMax service provider Clearwire posted record subscriber growth of 1.8 million in the first quarter and said it no longer plans to sell radio spectrum this year to raise money. Nevertheless, it reported another substantial quarterly loss.
Sprint Nextel has vowed to fight AT&T's proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA, calling the deal a bid to create a new telecommunications duopoly.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Bluetooth 5 is out: Now will home IoT take off?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystOther
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- FTProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC