Microsoft leads the way, but has plenty of company on jobs cut front
sprint in pictures
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will decide this week which mobile carriers will control billions of dollars worth of prime wireless spectrum scheduled to be auctioned next year.
Need something to watch on a flight? You can download an episode of your favorite show in less than a minute and a half on Verizon Wireless at Atlanta's airport -- or spend 13 hours doing the same over T-Mobile USA at Los Angeles International.
South Korea wins robotics challenge... Apple WWDC kicks off... Sprint aims for network upgrade... and more tech news
Mobile carriers Verizon Wireless and Sprint will pay a combined US$158 million[m] to settle complaints by two U.S. government agencies that they billed millions[m] of customers for unauthorized, third-pay text messaging services.
Froyo is coming.
In its latest attempt to show some smartphone muscle, Verizon Wireless says it will offer the Palm Pre in early 2010.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Digital vision must be led from the top-down
- Toyota, Volkswagen partner ride-hailing companies
- Apple hires mobile encryption pioneer amid encryption debate
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCSenior IT Tester / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA