The Bolt comes with great-sounding earbuds, and uses carrier aggregation for faster data.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will decide this week which mobile carriers will control billions of dollars worth of prime wireless spectrum scheduled to be auctioned next year.
Need something to watch on a flight? You can download an episode of your favorite show in less than a minute and a half on Verizon Wireless at Atlanta's airport -- or spend 13 hours doing the same over T-Mobile USA at Los Angeles International.
South Korea wins robotics challenge... Apple WWDC kicks off... Sprint aims for network upgrade... and more tech news
Mobile carriers Verizon Wireless and Sprint will pay a combined US$158 million[m] to settle complaints by two U.S. government agencies that they billed millions[m] of customers for unauthorized, third-pay text messaging services.
Facebook's mobile traffic dominates...Google, Box step up enterprise tools...Russian malware targeted the White House...and more tech news.
US warns airlines of onboard hacking...drone lands on Japanese PM's office...Google adds push notifications to Chrome...and more tech news
Faced with a highly competitive market, U.S. wireless operator Sprint is now offering to deliver and set up phones, tablets and other connected devices for free at homes, offices and other locations chosen by the customer.
Sprint wouldn't object to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission reclassifying broadband as a regulated public utility in order to pass strong net neutrality rules, as long as the agency applies those new regulations with a "light touch," the mob...
The U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has filed a lawsuit accusing Sprint of illegally billing mobile customers for tens of millions[m] of dollars in unauthorized third-party charges.
Internet traffic routing errors made by U.S. operators Sprint and Windstream on the same day last week underscore a long-known Internet weakness, posing both security and reliability issues.
The most striking thing about Sprint's upcoming Aquos Crystal smartphone only becomes clear when you turn its camera on.
The tables could turn by the end of this year in the drama of the U.S. mobile underdogs, with T-Mobile possibly passing Sprint to become the third-largest carrier in the country.
Vulnerabilities found in remote management software that carriers insist be installed on smart phones and other mobile-enabled devices they sell are likely to put many devices at risk of compromise for some time to come.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- FTInformation Management and Data Services ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- FTAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW