U.S. authorities have charged a former research analyst at a financial services firm with insider trading offenses related to the 2009 acquisition of software vendor SPSS by IBM.
The next time you choose an emoticon to spice up a comment about a company, product or service online, know this: There's a chance that a software program is capturing the sentiment expressed by your smiley or frowny for analysis.
The top 10 mergers and acquisitions in the network industry in 2009 all cracked the billion-dollar barrier, and involved vendors in hardware, IT services, collaboration, storage, wireless infrastructure and other segments. IT behemoths such as Oracle...
If SAS Institute CEO Jim Goodnight is feeling pressured by IBM's recent US$1.2 billion purchase of rival predictive analytics vendor SPSS, he's not showing it.
IBM has agreed to acquire SPSS, a Chicago-based analytics software specialist, the companies said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- FTServer EngineerNSW