U.S. authorities have charged a former research analyst at a financial services firm with insider trading offenses related to the 2009 acquisition of software vendor SPSS by IBM.
The next time you choose an emoticon to spice up a comment about a company, product or service online, know this: There's a chance that a software program is capturing the sentiment expressed by your smiley or frowny for analysis.
The top 10 mergers and acquisitions in the network industry in 2009 all cracked the billion-dollar barrier, and involved vendors in hardware, IT services, collaboration, storage, wireless infrastructure and other segments. IT behemoths such as Oracle...
If SAS Institute CEO Jim Goodnight is feeling pressured by IBM's recent US$1.2 billion purchase of rival predictive analytics vendor SPSS, he's not showing it.
IBM has agreed to acquire SPSS, a Chicago-based analytics software specialist, the companies said Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- Cyberspies stole secrets from industrial giant ThyssenKrupp
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTester / DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer | WebNSW
- FTJunior Business AnalystWA
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCMS Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- TPProject Manager - Documentation DevelopmentQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW