The Stuxnet computer worm that was used to sabotage the Iranian nuclear program was likely preceded by another sophisticated malware program that used some of the same exploits and spread through USB thumb drives to computers isolated from the Intern...
Keylogging malware that may have been used by the NSA shares signficant portions of code with a component of Regin, a sophisticated platform that has been used to spy on businesses, government institutions and private individuals for years.
In addition to having its own arsenal of digital weapons, the U.S. National Security Agency reportedly hijacks and repurposes third-party malware.
A sophisticated group of cybercriminals has stolen over US$25 million by hacking into the infrastructure of numerous financial institutions in Russia and former Soviet Union countries, as well as into point-of-sale systems belonging to U.S. and Europ...
A new computer Trojan based on the infamous ZeuS banking malware is targeting users of over 150 banks and payment systems from around the world, security researchers warn.
A newly discovered malware program designed to infect Linux systems is tied to a sophisticated cyberespionage operation of Russian origin dubbed Epic Turla, security researchers found.
For the past two years, a team of Iranian hackers has compromised computers and networks belonging to over 50 organizations from 16 countries, including airlines, defense contractors, universities, military installations, hospitals, airports, telecom...
A variant of the Remote Control System (RCS) malware developed by an Italian company called Hacking Team is masquerading as a bookmark management application called Linkman, according to the main developer of a new malware scanning tool.
Attackers have started using the Citadel Trojan program to steal master passwords for password management applications and other authentication programs.
A free tool released Thursday allows users to scan their computers for surveillance malware that has been used in attacks against journalists, human rights defenders and political activists around the world.
A malware program distributed recently through a rogue server on the Tor anonymity network was also used in targeted attacks against European government agencies.
For the first time since Stuxnet was discovered in 2010, researchers have publicly named the worm's original victims: five Iranian companies involved in industrial automation.
For the past four years a group of sophisticated hackers has compromised the networks of luxury hotels to launch malware attacks against corporate executives and entrepreneurs traveling on business in the Asia-Pacific region.
Attackers have used rogue applications for both OS X and Windows to infect iPhones and iPads in China with a malware program that steals contact information and other private data.
A cyberespionage group that has built its operations around a malware program called BlackEnergy has been compromising routers and Linux systems based on ARM and MIPS architectures in addition to Windows computers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCProject Coordinator | CBD | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCProgram DirectorNSW