Police from eight countries together with several private security companies disrupted the online infrastructure used by cybercriminals to control computers infected with a malware program called Shylock.
There is yet another reason to be wary of spam email about bank transfers or invoices -- it could be carrying a new, cleverly designed malware program that steals financial information.
A malware threat previously used in attacks against energy sector companies is now being aimed at organizations that use or develop industrial applications and machines.
A new Trojan program that can spy on victims, steal login credentials and interfere with browsing sessions is being sold on the underground market and might soon see wider distribution.
Users can test by simply visiting a Web page if their computers have been infected with Gameover Zeus, a sophisticated online banking Trojan that law enforcement officers temporarily disrupted last week.
A Chinese hacking group that has attacked U.S. and European aerospace and communications companies is almost certainly linked to the Chinese military, a U.S. Internet security company said Monday.
Customers of storage and networking equipment manufacturer Buffalo who downloaded certain files from the company's website in Japan last week might have had their computers infected with an online banking Trojan.
The Secure Boot security mechanism of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) can be bypassed on around half of computers that have the feature enabled in order to install bootkits, according to a security researcher.
A new computer Trojan that targets users of 450 financial institutions from around the world appears to borrow functionality and features directly from the notorious Zeus and Carberp malware programs.
Security researchers uncovered a global cybercriminal operation that infected with malware almost 1,500 point-of-sale (POS) terminals, accounting systems and other retail back-office platforms from businesses in 36 countries.
Law enforcement agencies from 16 countries on three continents last week arrested 97 people after executing raids targeting those suspected of creating, buying and using a notorious Trojan program called BlackShades.
They spread lies. They push products you don't care about. They make unpopular people look popular. Sometimes, they take over your machine with malware.
Adobe Systems released emergency security updates for Flash Player in order to fix a vulnerability that has been exploited in attacks against users since earlier this month.
A cybercriminal operation that combines phone-based social engineering attacks with spear phishing and malware to steal money from organizations has resurfaced this year, finding victims in French-speaking countries in particular.
An Android Trojan app that sends SMS messages to premium-rate numbers has expanded globally over the past year, racking up bills for users in over 60 countries including the U.S., malware researchers from Kaspersky Lab said.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Here’s how the US government can bolster cybersecurity
- This $450 Core i5 laptop from HP costs less new than used
- SAP license fees are due even for indirect users, court says
- Computer crashed? You could blame forces beyond our solar system
- Insecure Android apps put connected cars at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCInfrastructure EngineerACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)WA
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- CCData Centre Design Engineer - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)VIC
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC