The first fully production-ready nonrelational, or NoSQL, database, called CouchDB, has been released, the corporate sponsor of the project, Couchio, announced on Wednesday.
With Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, Microsoft begins to fully realize its vision of SQL Server as an information platform and not "just" a database. Hence the main theme for this release - at least according to Microsoft - is self-service BI. The Powe...
The new version of the Groovy programming language aims to make life easier for programmers who work with Java and SQL, the language's developers note.
Routinely accused of bloating Windows and Office, Microsoft Corp. has acted more like a skinny teenage boy with enterprise apps like SQL Server: desperate to bulk up.
According to a new report on data breaches from Verizon Business, cyber criminals are no longer attacking where the credit card files are, but where they once were.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
- Failure to patch known ImageMagick flaw for months costs Facebook $40k
- US alleges systemic employment discrimination at Oracle
- Modern warfare: Death-dealing drones and ... illegal parking?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- CCSAP SuccessfactorsACT
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCTest LeadVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW