We test Seagate's hybrid 'SSHD' 2.5-inch hard disk
Is Seagate's monster ST8000VN0002 worth buying?
Seagate's SSD 600 is a great drive to consider if you have a laptop that you want to revitalise
A high-performance solid state drive that's aimed at gamers and professionals
This solid state drive is fast and will upgrade your computer noticeably if you're used to slow hard drives
Samsung's 4TB 850 EVO offers consumers a viable alternative to hard drives for bulk storage.
You can't put SSDs on Raspberry Pi 3, but a competitive board coming soon will have that option.
Intel let slips the timeline for its upcoming Optane line of SSDs that will blur the line between storage and memory by offering performance that has 1,000 times the endurance of NAND flash and is in some cases up to 1,000 times faster.
Sandisk announced two main products at Computex but it was the prototype that was exciting.
AMD is jumping into the SSD market with Radeon drives for laptops and desktops.
OWC earlier this month began offering the industry’s only PCIe SSD for upgrading MacBook Pro Retina laptops built since late 2012. The new drive gives you up to eight times what the factory SSD offered in capacity.
Today Ballistix became its own brand (no longer a sub-brand of Crucial which becomes a sibling rather than a parent brand). It also showed off its first NVMe drive.
Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
We've got some great PC components in our lab - all waiting to build an awesome test rig. But one is an Intel 750-series SSD with a U.2 connector. Trouble is, motherboards with U.2 connectors are incredibly hard to find - only some high-end Asus mot...
As SSDs become more common, you'll also hear more about Non-Volatile Memory Express, a.k.a. NVM Express, or more commonly--NVMe. NVMe is a communications interface/protocol developed specially for SSDs by a consortium of vendors including Intel, Sams...
While solid state drives offer increased performance, the key to figuring out the role they can play in the data center is balancing that performance against cost.
OCZ has had its share of problems out of the gate with its low-end, consumer solid-state disk drive, the Apex Series SATA II. But its most recent economy SSD, the Agility Series SATA II 2.5-in., appears to be a successful effort to correct old proble...
Whitepapers about SSD
This whitepaper examines some common practices in enterprise storage array design and discusses opportunities for improving enterprise storage strategy by thinking with random I/O rather than sequential. A good enterprise storage array attempts to sequentialise the workload seen by the hard drives, regardless of the native data pattern at the host level. A single Solid State Drive (SSD) is capable of random I/O that would require hundreds of hard drives to match. However, obtaining this performance from an SSD is challenging. A new class of enterprise data storage system doesn’t substitute flash, but engineers an entirely new array to unlock flash’s full performance potential and deliver array-based capabilities
Videos about SSD
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for $4.8B
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW