Samsung today released two new gumstick SSDs based on the non-volatile memory express (NVMe) specification with peak speeds of up to 3.5Gbs.
Toshiba's new OCZ VX500 SSD line will retail for 30 cents to 37 cents per gigabyte, among the lowest for NAND flash memory.
Intel isn't yet shipping its Optane SSDs, but they soon will be available for testing over the cloud.
Nobody expected this: Seagate has announced a monster 60TB solid-state drive -- the highest capacity SSD to date -- that could ship next year.
Samsung's 4TB 850 EVO offers consumers a viable alternative to hard drives for bulk storage.
You can't put SSDs on Raspberry Pi 3, but a competitive board coming soon will have that option.
Intel let slips the timeline for its upcoming Optane line of SSDs that will blur the line between storage and memory by offering performance that has 1,000 times the endurance of NAND flash and is in some cases up to 1,000 times faster.
Sandisk announced two main products at Computex but it was the prototype that was exciting.
AMD is jumping into the SSD market with Radeon drives for laptops and desktops.
How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
Hard drives, SSDs and even external drives are pretty reliable. However, in the unlikely event of a crash you'll need to know how to recover or delete your data, and hopefully not put your hands above your head and prepare for impact. Read on to find...
If you have $US1299 to spend, Akitio's external Thunder3 PCIe SSD storage system will deliver blazing speed and more.
Computerworld's Lucas Mearian shows how to quickly install the new SSD from Other World Computing into a MacBook Pro Retina laptop.
Intel, in addition to showing off its blazing-fast 3C XPoint Optane drives, also said its 3D NAND will be able to squeeze 1TB of storage into a 1.5mm thick drive by next year.
With its latest SSDs, Intel is paving the way for fast, standard NVMe connections in storage systems for both more and less adventurous users.
Intel promised super fast and high-capacity SSDs with 3D NAND chips last year, and the company announces the first of those drives Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA