Here's a quick and dirty guide to SSL/TLS, one of the most important technologies for securing data on the Internet.
SSL, the encryption scheme that protects virtually all secure online transaction, requires that users rely on trusted third parties, but what if they can't be trusted?
Researchers have found a cheaper, faster way to process SSL/TLS with off-the-shelf hardware, a development that could let more Web sites shut down cyber threats posed by the likes of the Firesheep hijacking tool.
People who want to shield their use of Google's Web search engine from network snoops now have the option of encrypting the session with SSL protection.
Google launched a <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/196932/encrypted_search_comes_to_google.html">new beta service this week</a>--encrypted search using SSL (secure sockets layer) to protect searches from being snooped or intercepted while trav...
VeriSign is introducing a certification service that confirms whether a business is legitimate and that their Web site is free of malware.
Banking giant UBS has started deploying a device from IBM that ensures online banking transactions aren't being interfered with by hackers.
More than 300 Web sites are being pestered by infected computers that are part of the Pushdo botnet, according to security researchers.
A Seattle computer security consultant says he's developed a new way to exploit a recently disclosed bug in the SSL protocol, used to secure communications on the Internet. The attack, while difficult to execute, could give attackers a very powerful ...
A flaw in the protocol used to secure communications over the Internet could have been used to hack Twitter accounts, according to an IBM security researcher.
Security researchers have found some serious flaws in software that uses the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption protocol used to secure communications on the Internet.
A researcher has found a convincing way to hack the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used to secure logins to a range of websites, including e-commerce and banking sites.
F5 Networks has issued a new version of its FirePass software so it can apply group access policies to mobile devices as the log-in to SSL VPNs.
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
Debate is reaching a fever pitch over a new security feature in Firefox 3.0 that throws out a warning page to users when a Web site's SSL certificate is expired or has not been issued by a trusted third party.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Thousands of hacked CCTV devices used in DDoS attacks
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
- Backblaze wants to eliminate tape-based storage
- FBI expansion of surveillance powers meets obstacle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC