Opponents of a U.S. Senate bill intended to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats may have stalled a vote on the legislation.
YouTube Kids blasted for ad-heavy content... new battery tech promises one-minute charge times... CurrentC payments coming mid-year... and more tech news.
Researchers at Stanford University have developed a new battery that can be recharged in about a minute and is safer than the lithium ion cells used in everything from smartwatches to passenger jets.
Researchers at Stanford University have come up with a new way to make chips and solar panels using gallium arsenide, a semiconductor that beats silicon in several important areas but is typically too expensive for widespread use.
U.S. businesses and government agencies need to work more closely together to combat the growing threat of cyberattacks, President Barack Obama said Friday.
The White House heads west to Silicon Valley on Friday looking for ideas on how to improve the nation's cybersecurity, and members of President Barack Obama's administration are likely to get an earful.
How good are you at sizing someone up? Perhaps not as good as a computer, according to researchers at the University of Cambridge and Stanford University.
New research by a California-based team could change the way lithium-ion batteries are charged in consumer electronics products and electric cars, leading to longer lifetimes and more useful batteries.
Engineers at Stanford University have developed a tiny radio that's about as big as an ant and that's cheap and small enough that it could help realize the "Internet of things" -- the world of everyday objects that send and receive data via the Inter...
Researchers at Stanford University have made progress toward designing a battery with a lithium anode, a development that could increase battery power in electronics.
Bill and Melinda Gates told graduating students at Stanford University on Sunday that innovation for profit alone will not solve the most pressing problems facing the planet.
Having lots of Wi-Fi networks packed into a condominium or apartment building can hurt everyone's wireless performance, but Stanford University researchers say they've found a way to turn crowding into an advantage.
Ford is enlisting top U.S. universities to make self-driving cars a reality, announcing Wednesday that it hopes researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology can come up with advanced algorithms to help vehicles learn where pedestrians and...
Researchers at Stanford University have demonstrated the first functional computer built using only carbon nanotube transistors, according to an article published Wednesday on the cover of scientific journal Nature.
Students at Stanford University unveiled their latest solar-powered car on Tuesday, two weeks before it will be shipped to Australia to take part in the world's premier solar vehicle race.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW