The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Stanford University have partnered to save for posterity over 15,000 software programs created in the early days of microcomputing.
Researchers at Stanford University have developed a solar cell made entirely from carbon-based materials, they said Wednesday.
Some lucky Palo Alto, Calif., residents are getting a glimpse of what Google's new fiber network will soon deliver to Kansas City, Kan.
Some online advertising networks continue to track Web users after tracking opt-out requests, even though the networks have promised to honor those questions, according to a new study from Stanford University's Center for Internet Society.
Researchers have figured out how to to crack captchas, making it possible to launch automated attacks against sites such as Microsoft, eBay and Digg where opening phony accounts could be turned into cash.
Scammers looking to flog cheap software have hacked Web pages on high-profile websites, including those belonging to NASA and Stanford University.
You may not think you've got much in common with an investigative journalist or an academic medical researcher. But if you're trying to extract useful information from an ever-increasing inflow of data, you'll likely find visualization useful - wheth...
YouTube is expanding its video offerings, launching a live-streaming service to complement its catalog of recorded videos.
We take the Internet for granted now, but a lot of developments helped to make it the gargantuan shopping, socializing, commerce-helping, video-sharing behemoth it is today.
Researchers at Stanford University have shown it's possible to double the data rate of communication networks without the need for additional frequencies, something that could lead to significantly faster wireless networking.
Stanford University researchers have found a way to double the capacity of wireless networks, while at the same time making them more reliable and efficient.
Intel announced today that it's set to invest $100 million over the next five years into U.S. university research.
Nvidia's GPU Tech Conference is evolving to have an even stronger emphasis on high performance computing than the past couple of years. Yes, there are token nods towards the consumer side of the business--Cyberlink is at the show, demoing 3D Blu-ray-...
Browsing in "private mode" isn't as private as users think, a researcher said today.
Researchers at Stanford University have used nanotechnology to create lightweight, bendable batteries out of paper.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC