The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Stanford University have partnered to save for posterity over 15,000 software programs created in the early days of microcomputing.
Researchers at Stanford University have developed a solar cell made entirely from carbon-based materials, they said Wednesday.
Some lucky Palo Alto, Calif., residents are getting a glimpse of what Google's new fiber network will soon deliver to Kansas City, Kan.
Some online advertising networks continue to track Web users after tracking opt-out requests, even though the networks have promised to honor those questions, according to a new study from Stanford University's Center for Internet Society.
Researchers have figured out how to to crack captchas, making it possible to launch automated attacks against sites such as Microsoft, eBay and Digg where opening phony accounts could be turned into cash.
Scammers looking to flog cheap software have hacked Web pages on high-profile websites, including those belonging to NASA and Stanford University.
You may not think you've got much in common with an investigative journalist or an academic medical researcher. But if you're trying to extract useful information from an ever-increasing inflow of data, you'll likely find visualization useful - wheth...
YouTube is expanding its video offerings, launching a live-streaming service to complement its catalog of recorded videos.
We take the Internet for granted now, but a lot of developments helped to make it the gargantuan shopping, socializing, commerce-helping, video-sharing behemoth it is today.
Researchers at Stanford University have shown it's possible to double the data rate of communication networks without the need for additional frequencies, something that could lead to significantly faster wireless networking.
Stanford University researchers have found a way to double the capacity of wireless networks, while at the same time making them more reliable and efficient.
Intel announced today that it's set to invest $100 million over the next five years into U.S. university research.
Nvidia's GPU Tech Conference is evolving to have an even stronger emphasis on high performance computing than the past couple of years. Yes, there are token nods towards the consumer side of the business--Cyberlink is at the show, demoing 3D Blu-ray-...
Browsing in "private mode" isn't as private as users think, a researcher said today.
Researchers at Stanford University have used nanotechnology to create lightweight, bendable batteries out of paper.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New GDDR6 memory could hit GPUs in 2018
- Google is using AI to compress images better than JPEG
- Hackers tap vBulletin vulnerability to break into 27 million more accounts
- Telegram's encryption stymies French police but pleases their bosses
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Change & RleaseACT
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA