The data breach at the Staples office-supply chain may have affected roughly 1.16 million payment cards as criminals deployed malware to point-of-sale systems at 115 stores, the company said Friday.
The U.S. Congress needs to consider alternatives to a Senate-passed bill that would require online retailers to collect sales tax based on the location of their customers, the chairman of the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee said Wednesda...
When it comes to tablets, Microsoft and its OEMs don't know where they're going, an analyst said today.
3D printers are taking another step in the long haul toward the mainstream, with a little help from Staples.
Google wants to take the immediacy of online search and apply it to something a little more tangible: retail. Starting Thursday, a small pool of shoppers can begin to test out an experimental same-day delivery service for certain products bought onli...
Opening its own brick-and-mortar retail stores could help Google sell more of its Chromebooks, Nexus tablets and other hardware, analysts said Friday, reacting to online reports that Google may soon be coming to the local shopping mall.
Just hours after Microsoft Surface Windows 8 Pro went on sale Saturday, the 128GB version of the tablet sold out online.
Microsoft's Surface RT tablet sold 1 million units in the fourth quarter, fewer than expected, according to a UBS analyst.
Heavily discounted PCs and tablets will be sold by top retailers on Black Friday, which marks one of the most active shopping days in the U.S. Walmart and Best Buy will offer fully equipped laptops for under US$200, <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/ar...
Is Research In Motion's BlackBerry PlayBook headed for a fire sale? It certainly looks that way as the 7-inch tablet's retail prices plummet.
Shopping online for cheap ink or toner--how hard could it be?
It seems the only way to beat Apple in the tablet market these days is to knock down your prices to the point of unprofitability.
RIM has been talking up its PlayBook tablet for months, but has been coy about when the latest Apple iPad killer will ship and what it will cost. Speculation heated up Wednesday, on the same day that Apple is expected to make big iPad news, that Apri...
Beats deadline for filing amended complaint, lists wide array of online software, services Beats deadline for filing amended complaint, lists wide array of online software, services
More than 500,000 units of Targus' Universal Wall Power Adapters for laptops have been recalled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Blame terrorists if you get a speeding ticket while driving in France
- If software eats everything, are network engineers on the menu?
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
- Logitech G213 Prodigy review: An ambitious keyboard that's oversized and overpriced
- Razer Ornata review: An expensive rubber-dome keyboard that comes with a mechanical click
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - UX experience NeededNSW