Warp drives, teleporters, helpful holograms - the new frontier is a lot closer than you might think
The 1967 TV battle between William Shatner's Captain Kirk and the lizard-like alien Gorn is one of the most memorable moments from the original Star Trek series.
The 2009 reboot of Star Trek by J. J. Abrams was generally well accepted when it came out, and Namco Bandai is getting ready to add to the new universe with its upcoming game.
If you were like every other geek child out there, you too may have wished to be beamed to the starship Enterprise in geosynchronous orbit directly above your house. Then you'd want to take the elevator to the bridge and walk through those automatic...
A patch to the Star Trek Online beta adds a lot of new things and fixes a ton of gameplay issues -- but the big ticket item is an added voice over from Leonard Nimoy, the original Spock. Players are treated to the sound of Spock via an audio journal ...
The open beta of Star Trek Online begins today and runs through January 26th, a week before the February 2nd launch date.
Care to take your very own Federation starship for a spin and maybe right a few of the wrongs done by Paramount writers to the franchise over the past decade or two? The thought of beaming down to planets and playing World-of-Away-Team-Craft have you...
Samsung has a new phone coming out, but you would have never guessed it by the buzz surrounding the presentations the company has been giving.
The first iterations of something akin to the universal translators used on <em>Star Trek</em> may soon be arriving via your smartphone.
Hard on the heels of the success of the revamped Star Trek franchise, security company Sophos has released a Klingon-language version of a free malware scanning tool it uses to show Earth-bound customers how its technology stacks up against rivals' s...
They walk the warrior's path and they devour horrible-looking bowlfuls of red worms, but hey, Klingons need malware protection too.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Rival gang leaks decryption keys for Chimera ransomware
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
- Xiaomi gets into laptops with Mi Notebook Air
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW