Warp drives, teleporters, helpful holograms - the new frontier is a lot closer than you might think
The 1967 TV battle between William Shatner's Captain Kirk and the lizard-like alien Gorn is one of the most memorable moments from the original Star Trek series.
The 2009 reboot of Star Trek by J. J. Abrams was generally well accepted when it came out, and Namco Bandai is getting ready to add to the new universe with its upcoming game.
If you were like every other geek child out there, you too may have wished to be beamed to the starship Enterprise in geosynchronous orbit directly above your house. Then you'd want to take the elevator to the bridge and walk through those automatic...
A patch to the Star Trek Online beta adds a lot of new things and fixes a ton of gameplay issues -- but the big ticket item is an added voice over from Leonard Nimoy, the original Spock. Players are treated to the sound of Spock via an audio journal ...
The open beta of Star Trek Online begins today and runs through January 26th, a week before the February 2nd launch date.
Care to take your very own Federation starship for a spin and maybe right a few of the wrongs done by Paramount writers to the franchise over the past decade or two? The thought of beaming down to planets and playing World-of-Away-Team-Craft have you...
Samsung has a new phone coming out, but you would have never guessed it by the buzz surrounding the presentations the company has been giving.
The first iterations of something akin to the universal translators used on <em>Star Trek</em> may soon be arriving via your smartphone.
Hard on the heels of the success of the revamped Star Trek franchise, security company Sophos has released a Klingon-language version of a free malware scanning tool it uses to show Earth-bound customers how its technology stacks up against rivals' s...
They walk the warrior's path and they devour horrible-looking bowlfuls of red worms, but hey, Klingons need malware protection too.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCMaximo Consultant - Asset ManagementVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTAgile Iteration ManagerWA
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityNSW
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW