Starbucks is still grappling with fraud involving its customers' online accounts and gift cards, with some victims seeing hundreds of dollars stolen.
Starbucks suffered what appears to be a major computer system failure late Friday.
Starbucks says mobile payments are taking off in a big way and it's already handling almost 7 million a week at its U.S. coffee shops.
More hotels, shops and other businesses will soon be offering free Wi-Fi to customers if they agree in return to "check-in" at the business from their Facebook account.
Starbucks said this week it has seen plenty of customers interested in using smartphones to pay for their coffee.
Facebook's unveiling of Facebook Places is an obvious banshee cry to Foursquare and other location-based check-in services. As with those services, Facebook Places allows users to share their location and discover new hot spots by following the stops...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC