Starbucks is still grappling with fraud involving its customers' online accounts and gift cards, with some victims seeing hundreds of dollars stolen.
Starbucks suffered what appears to be a major computer system failure late Friday.
Starbucks says mobile payments are taking off in a big way and it's already handling almost 7 million a week at its U.S. coffee shops.
More hotels, shops and other businesses will soon be offering free Wi-Fi to customers if they agree in return to "check-in" at the business from their Facebook account.
Starbucks said this week it has seen plenty of customers interested in using smartphones to pay for their coffee.
HTML5 will likely make mobile development easier but not for some time, a group of wireless experts said Monday.
An Android app and the ability to order a drink from a mobile phone are coming soon, an executive from Starbucks said as he shared lessons and tips from his company's experience offering mobile applications.
It's a new dawn, people! As of today, you can walk into just about any Starbucks store and pay for your latte using nothing other than a (free) iPhone app, coupled to an existing Starbucks card account. That's right -- the day of mobile electronic pa...
Starbucks Wednesday began allowing iPhone, iPod Touch and BlackBerry mobile payments for its coffee at thousands of its stores.
The security researcher who created the Firesheep snooping tool defended his work today, saying it's no one's business what software people run on their computers.
Private sector CIOs appear to be optimistic that the UK government's comprehensive spending review will not have a knock-on effect in their own patch.
We've all had the problem of going into a crowded Starbucks and suffering through a substandard Wi-Fi signal, most likely caused by too few access points and too many end users. But what if Wi-Fi antennas could do a better job of detecting how many d...
In 2008, the number of commercial aircraft that offered in-flight Wi-Fi service totaled just 25, according to market researcher In-Stat. By the end of 2010, however, In-Stat predicts that number should reach 2,000 planes.
Yesterday, coffee-purveyor Starbucks reversed course on its long-standing in-store Wi-Fi policy by announcing that starting July 1, Wi-Fi would be free in all its U.S. establishments.
Australian ISP iiNet has teamed up with Starbucks to offer its customers free Wi-Fi access at a selection of the coffee chain's stores.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD