Starbucks is still grappling with fraud involving its customers' online accounts and gift cards, with some victims seeing hundreds of dollars stolen.
Starbucks suffered what appears to be a major computer system failure late Friday.
Starbucks says mobile payments are taking off in a big way and it's already handling almost 7 million a week at its U.S. coffee shops.
More hotels, shops and other businesses will soon be offering free Wi-Fi to customers if they agree in return to "check-in" at the business from their Facebook account.
Starbucks said this week it has seen plenty of customers interested in using smartphones to pay for their coffee.
HTML5 will likely make mobile development easier but not for some time, a group of wireless experts said Monday.
An Android app and the ability to order a drink from a mobile phone are coming soon, an executive from Starbucks said as he shared lessons and tips from his company's experience offering mobile applications.
It's a new dawn, people! As of today, you can walk into just about any Starbucks store and pay for your latte using nothing other than a (free) iPhone app, coupled to an existing Starbucks card account. That's right -- the day of mobile electronic pa...
Starbucks Wednesday began allowing iPhone, iPod Touch and BlackBerry mobile payments for its coffee at thousands of its stores.
The security researcher who created the Firesheep snooping tool defended his work today, saying it's no one's business what software people run on their computers.
Private sector CIOs appear to be optimistic that the UK government's comprehensive spending review will not have a knock-on effect in their own patch.
We've all had the problem of going into a crowded Starbucks and suffering through a substandard Wi-Fi signal, most likely caused by too few access points and too many end users. But what if Wi-Fi antennas could do a better job of detecting how many d...
In 2008, the number of commercial aircraft that offered in-flight Wi-Fi service totaled just 25, according to market researcher In-Stat. By the end of 2010, however, In-Stat predicts that number should reach 2,000 planes.
Yesterday, coffee-purveyor Starbucks reversed course on its long-standing in-store Wi-Fi policy by announcing that starting July 1, Wi-Fi would be free in all its U.S. establishments.
Australian ISP iiNet has teamed up with Starbucks to offer its customers free Wi-Fi access at a selection of the coffee chain's stores.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC