The top 10 mergers and acquisitions in the network industry in 2009 all cracked the billion-dollar barrier, and involved vendors in hardware, IT services, collaboration, storage, wireless infrastructure and other segments. IT behemoths such as Oracle...
This week's $US2.9 billion acquisition of Starent Networks indicates that Cisco is backpedaling from its WiMAX focus and shifting it to LTE as the 4G underpinning of next generation mobile data networks.
Cisco Tuesday announced its second multibillion dollar deal this month: a definitive agreement to acquire Starent Networks, a provider of IP-based mobile infrastructure for carriers, for about US$2.9 billion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW