VR is still a burgeoning technology, but with the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift in the wild it's still a great time for a Steam sale.
Valve may not be too happy about Windows as a PC platform, but the company has finally rolled out a Steam app for Windows mobile devices.
Dell had high hopes for the Alienware Steam Machine after its delayed released last year, but it wasn't as popular as its twin Alienware Alpha, a Windows-based PC gaming console.
The Steam Machine is an interesting concept, but it's not the device PC gamers are looking for.
The long arm of the Internet gets a bit more nimble as Steam introduces a section for recent reviews and a new 30-day aggregate score.
The film and music industry has a long tradition of digging up and preserving their intellectual property so that it can continually be enjoyed by audiences both in the present and future.
Steam, it seems, is getting too big for its britches, or at least that's the sentiment conveyed by Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford in an interview with Maximum PC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
- Hackers had a chance to hamper voting by deleting records
- As 5G heads for IoT, 4G is far from done
- Microsoft's new Catapult v2 server design is targeted at AI
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC