Two U.S. Supreme Court justices owned stock in tech vendors or other companies that filed briefs in cases under review by the high court in the past year, a watchdog group said Thursday.
The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that Web-based video streaming service Aereo, which rebroadcasts over-the-air television through antenna farms, violates the copyrights of TV networks.
A case before the U.S. Supreme Court earlier this week could have a huge impact on business-method and software patents, with some experts concerned that the court could put significant limits on what can be patented.
The U.S. Supreme Court could wipe out a whole swath of software and business-method patents if justices invalidate four electronic-trading patents, an attorney for patent-owner Alice said.
U.S. residents have the right to resell software and other products protected by copyright even when they are manufactured overseas, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.Net/Crystal Report) 160504/AP/vtdAsia
- CCChange LeadACT
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Enterprise SystemsNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC