Chipset vendors such as Broadcom and STMicroelectronics have launched products that'll make it possible to offer gigabit speeds over fiber as well as over copper and cable networks.
Knocking a drone out of the sky is sometimes possible using an invisible weapon -- sound.
Chip makers like Qualcomm, Nvidia and Samsung Electronics are working on components that will increase processing power, add more memory and increase screen resolution of next-generation smartphones.
Nokia has accused supplier STMicroelectronics of selling microphones Nokia says it developed to rival HTC, and on Monday won an injunction in the Amsterdam District Court preventing their sale.
The mobile chipset market is in a state of flux with a number of key vendors struggling, but analysts say the result of the turmoil will be more advanced high-end smartphones and cheaper low-end devices.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. and U.K. spy agencies have been intercepting in-flight phone calls for years
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- CCSenior Cisco Network EngineerWA
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadVIC
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA