The benefits of server virtualization are so significant at this point that implementing it is a no-brainer. First and foremost, server virtualization makes much better use of computing resources than physical servers do, since you can run many diffe...
Hard drive crashes are a nightmare for computer users for many reasons. Not only can data held dear to one's heart be lost, but trying to recover it can cost an arm and a leg, if not more. Hard drive maker Seagate attempts to address both those probl...
Reader Patricia has a question: "Why can't application software be put on USB drives instead of [hard] disks?"
Toshiba has introduced a series of self-encrypting hard drives that come with what the company says is a unique self-diagnostic feature that blocks access to data if the drive doesn't recognize the host, in case it is lost or stolen.
The fundamental security of the Dropbox cloud storage service has been called into question by a researcher.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Another Uber office in China faces government scrutiny
- Sony's Xperia C4 ups the selfie ante, launching in Australia
- FAA program tests drones flying beyond pilot's line-of-sight
- Companies are falling behind on securing their SAP environments
- Attackers exploit vulnerabilities in two WordPress plugins
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.