Verizon Business and IBM are now offering a joint service aimed at helping large businesses safely store large chunks of data within the Verizon cloud.
Users are set to ditch tape as a storage medium as one in 10 businesses have lost data following a failure of a tape backup system.
The scoop: Replica backup storage device, by Seagate, about $200 (for 500GB version; 250GB version costs $130)
Commercial solid state drives (SSDs) have finally started reaching the capacities found in the hard disk world, with the release of a new 512GB drive from US storage startup Super Talent.
In a bid to make backup and recovery easier for IT administrators to handle, EMC is updating several pieces of its storage management software portfolio.
Rat74136's external hard drive is full. He asked the Answer Line forum how to keep backing up.
Nag, nag, nag is what I feel like sometimes when talking about backups, but I'm compelled to help people in spite of themselves. The bottom line is simple: lose data, lose dollars. When you talk about some type of disaster, such as fire or theft of y...
It can be a storage nightmare: Given expanding regulatory requirements and the key role that electronic records now play in lawsuits, some enterprises are saving every bit of data they have, just to be safe. As a gauge of storage demand, IDC says the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HP makes it official, files to spin off enterprise division
- PayPal to acquire money transfer service Xoom for $US890 million
- DEA agent pleads guilty to accepting Silk Road funds
- Despite Apple Watch, Fitbit is still in the race
- Facebook tests a new way to show video - and make money from it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.