When Data Robotics launched its first Drobo storage device three years ago, the company made a splash in the normally staid and stodgy storage market.
STEC Corp. on Tuesday released its highest endurance and performance solid-state drive (SSD) family to date. The drives are aimed at enterprise-class servers that can handle up to 30,000 I/O per second and have more than a five-year lifespan.
SanDisk today announced a joint agreement with middleware vendor NDS MediaHighway that will allow it to sell its solid-state drives (SSD) to set-top box makers.
Pliant Technology today introduced a new family of lower-cost, higher-capacity solid state drives (SSD) based on consumer-grade NAND flash memory but built for data center use.
Hewlett-Packard today announced several product upgrades for its small and mid-sized customers, including a new version of its modular storage array with 10Gbit/sec. Ethernet ports.
Northrop Grumman today apologized for an outage that began last Wednesday and caused 26 Virginia state agencies to lose their Web services, some for more than a week.
Rice University announced today that scientists there have created the first two-terminal memory chips that use only silicon, extending the limits of miniaturization subject to Moore's Law.
A survey of 278 IT managers found that spending on storage systems is expected to remain flat through next year due to a soft economy and new technologies that allow IT administrators to do more with what they already have.
EMC today unveiled upgrades to its midrange Clariion storage array and Celerra network-attached storage (NAS) gateway as well as new block-level data compression technology in its Fully Automated Storage Tiering(FAST) software.
After two years of inflated prices, NAND flash memory prices are expected to dip down to a key $1 per gigabyte level, according to a new report by research firm iSuppli.
SanDisk Wednesday unveiled a solid state drive (SSD) that is smaller than a postage stamp and weighs less than a paperclip.
Intel and Micron Technology today announced the delivery of 3-bit-per-cell (3bpc) NAND flash memory on 25-nanometer lithography technology. The new flash memory chips represent the industry's highest capacity, smallest NAND device to date, the compan...
Intel today introduced an update to its Atom processor-based platform for home and small business storage appliances.
Micron Technology Inc. today said it is shipping what it calls the fastest enterprise-class solid-state drive (SSD) on the market.
Kingston Technology Co. today announced the release of its first water-cooled DDR3 memory kit for PCs, which it said provides longer-term reliability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT