Samsung Electronics Co. today announced what it's calling the world's highest-density hard disk drive for desktop systems.
Networking, storage and virtualization vendors Cisco , NetApp, and VMware on Wednesday announced what they said is the first certified end-to-end Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) storage network for VMware server environments.
EMC announced three new products, including a new midrange Data Domain deduplication appliance, a new disk archive system with deduplication for mainfames and a disk library series with arrays that scale from 8TB to 1.4PB.
Seagate Technologies today announced the first 3TB external desktop hard drive, which is capable of using USB 2.0, 3.0 or FireWire 800 connectivity.
Over the past two years, solid state drives (SSDs) have only been sold directly to laptop or portable device manufacturers or through selected online electronics retail sites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW