For a cloud storage provider, Dropbox puts on quite a show. On Tuesday it held its inaugural developer conference in San Francisco, and there was plenty of colorful activity to see.
Storage Management in pictures
Red Hat continues to make inroads into the enterprise storage software market, improving two of its core storage technologies and striking partnerships with key IT system resellers.
Dell is organizing the backup software products that it has acquired in the past two years into a coherent portfolio, bundling three of its storage software products into a single package to simplify licensing for the enterprise.
Storage vendor EMC has scooped up cloud storage management company TwinStrata, the companies announced Tuesday.
IBM is developing software that will allow organizations to use multiple cloud storage services interchangeably, reducing dependence on any single cloud vendor and ensuring that data remains available even during service outages.
Backup and recovery is starting to get some of the same capabilities as primary storage systems to handle the rising floods of data with less management overhead.
Virtualizing x86 infrastructure isn't just a one-step process -- as servers change, the whole data center must change as well. While server hypervisors such as VMware's ESX, Microsoft's Hyper-V and Xen can make IT more efficient and cost-effective, m...
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mi...
Start-up Nimble Storage came out of the development stage this week with its first product -- an array that combines solid state drives (SSD) with high-capacity, cost and performance serial ATA (SATA) hard drives, acts as primary and backup storage a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW