For a cloud storage provider, Dropbox puts on quite a show. On Tuesday it held its inaugural developer conference in San Francisco, and there was plenty of colorful activity to see.
Storage Management in pictures
Red Hat continues to make inroads into the enterprise storage software market, improving two of its core storage technologies and striking partnerships with key IT system resellers.
Dell is organizing the backup software products that it has acquired in the past two years into a coherent portfolio, bundling three of its storage software products into a single package to simplify licensing for the enterprise.
Storage vendor EMC has scooped up cloud storage management company TwinStrata, the companies announced Tuesday.
IBM is developing software that will allow organizations to use multiple cloud storage services interchangeably, reducing dependence on any single cloud vendor and ensuring that data remains available even during service outages.
Backup and recovery is starting to get some of the same capabilities as primary storage systems to handle the rising floods of data with less management overhead.
Virtualizing x86 infrastructure isn't just a one-step process -- as servers change, the whole data center must change as well. While server hypervisors such as VMware's ESX, Microsoft's Hyper-V and Xen can make IT more efficient and cost-effective, m...
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mi...
Start-up Nimble Storage came out of the development stage this week with its first product -- an array that combines solid state drives (SSD) with high-capacity, cost and performance serial ATA (SATA) hard drives, acts as primary and backup storage a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- FTSolution Architect with end user computing (EUC) experienceNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCURGENT REQUIREMENT - Business AnalystACT
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager, SuperannuationNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW