Many of us were shocked last week that a company as prominent as Danger, Inc. could make such a rookie mistake by losing the data of T-Mobile's Sidekick customers. As a system administrator, if there is one thing you absolutely have to get right, it'...
At Storage Networking World a couple of weeks ago, the focus was on solid-state drives and cloud technologies.
Check out some cheap TVs, a great notebook and more!
Nag, nag, nag is what I feel like sometimes when talking about backups, but I'm compelled to help people in spite of themselves. The bottom line is simple: lose data, lose dollars. When you talk about some type of disaster, such as fire or theft of y...
Just about everyone has heard the hype surrounding solid-state drives, but only now are we starting to see SSDs get a foothold as a storage alternative for everyday use. The market is flooded with options, and the performance we've seen from several ...
Managing storage technology is an oxymoron these days. It seems like the more tools you add to manage your increasingly complex environment, the more convoluted the environment becomes. Nirvana is within sight, but your budget prevents you from getti...
It's pretty much a given that solid state drives (SSDs) are the future of PC storage, and that hard drives are on the way out. But if you're buying a laptop today, which option is best?
Mention Shakespeare and everyone spouts "To be or not to be." Mention backup, and the question becomes, "To tape or not to tape?" Is tape dead, or do tape-based backup systems still have a place in the modern small business?
Capitalizing on the buzz around green IT, Seagate and Western Digital have released new "green" hard drives designed to use less power (in part by spinning more slowly than the latest generation of drives) and produce less heat (thus requiring less c...
There are a few common ways to go about adding network-attached storage to your home infrastructure. You can buy a pre-populated NAS device (or home server unit) and plug it into your existing networking setup. You can pick up some kind of enclosur...
OCZ has had its share of problems out of the gate with its low-end, consumer solid-state disk drive, the Apex Series SATA II. But its most recent economy SSD, the Agility Series SATA II 2.5-in., appears to be a successful effort to correct old proble...
With video, image and data files becoming larger thanks to better quality media, the importance of making sure you have adequate storage is only going to increase this year and beyond. Portable devices such as digital cameras, mobile phones and porta...
When it comes to storage, Western Digital and Seagate are perhaps the two most recognisable brands in the market. They rival each other in nearly every segment of the storage market and try to outdo each other with innovations in ease of use and powe...
We’ll show you how to pick up a bargain this week, including a great deal on a Nikon camera, a cheap mobile phone plan, a Canon Legria HF20 camcorder at a reduced price and a 46in Samsung LCD television with a free 22in LCD!
Solid-state disk (SSD) drives are all the rage among techies. The drives use non-volatile NAND flash memory, meaning there are no moving parts. Because there is no actuator arm and read/write head that must seek out data on a platter like on a hard d...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New court request raises further doubts about transatlantic data transfers
- Top-level domain expansion is a security risk for business computers
- EU prepares to end geoblocking in online sales of goods and services
- Microsoft kills off another chunk of its smartphone activities
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC