Though flash storage could be the most powerful tool yet for IT administrators who want to speed up access to frequently used data, reaping its benefits may require automation software that has just begun to emerge from the major storage vendors.
Many of us were shocked last week that a company as prominent as Danger, Inc. could make such a rookie mistake by losing the data of T-Mobile's Sidekick customers. As a system administrator, if there is one thing you absolutely have to get right, it'...
At Storage Networking World a couple of weeks ago, the focus was on solid-state drives and cloud technologies.
Check out some cheap TVs, a great notebook and more!
Nag, nag, nag is what I feel like sometimes when talking about backups, but I'm compelled to help people in spite of themselves. The bottom line is simple: lose data, lose dollars. When you talk about some type of disaster, such as fire or theft of y...
Just about everyone has heard the hype surrounding solid-state drives, but only now are we starting to see SSDs get a foothold as a storage alternative for everyday use. The market is flooded with options, and the performance we've seen from several ...
Managing storage technology is an oxymoron these days. It seems like the more tools you add to manage your increasingly complex environment, the more convoluted the environment becomes. Nirvana is within sight, but your budget prevents you from getti...
It's pretty much a given that solid state drives (SSDs) are the future of PC storage, and that hard drives are on the way out. But if you're buying a laptop today, which option is best?
Mention Shakespeare and everyone spouts "To be or not to be." Mention backup, and the question becomes, "To tape or not to tape?" Is tape dead, or do tape-based backup systems still have a place in the modern small business?
Capitalizing on the buzz around green IT, Seagate and Western Digital have released new "green" hard drives designed to use less power (in part by spinning more slowly than the latest generation of drives) and produce less heat (thus requiring less c...
There are a few common ways to go about adding network-attached storage to your home infrastructure. You can buy a pre-populated NAS device (or home server unit) and plug it into your existing networking setup. You can pick up some kind of enclosur...
OCZ has had its share of problems out of the gate with its low-end, consumer solid-state disk drive, the Apex Series SATA II. But its most recent economy SSD, the Agility Series SATA II 2.5-in., appears to be a successful effort to correct old proble...
With video, image and data files becoming larger thanks to better quality media, the importance of making sure you have adequate storage is only going to increase this year and beyond. Portable devices such as digital cameras, mobile phones and porta...
When it comes to storage, Western Digital and Seagate are perhaps the two most recognisable brands in the market. They rival each other in nearly every segment of the storage market and try to outdo each other with innovations in ease of use and powe...
We’ll show you how to pick up a bargain this week, including a great deal on a Nikon camera, a cheap mobile phone plan, a Canon Legria HF20 camcorder at a reduced price and a 46in Samsung LCD television with a free 22in LCD!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Uber, Alphabet autonomous car rivalry heats up
- Privacy groups complain to FTC about WhatsApp policy changes
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
- Hackers had a chance to hamper voting by deleting records
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT