Snowflake Computing announced Tuesday that its cloud-based data warehouse service is available to all users.
Enterprise storage is a long-term bet. Pure Storage, a growing maker of all-flash arrays, is reshuffling the deck on that gamble in a way that might save IT departments time and money.
Sony's push to get enterprise users to store data on optical discs has received added momentum with its acquisition of a Facebook-linked startup focused on optical storage.
When a startup's $10 million in funding is followed two months later by a further $41 million, it's safe to say they're tapping into a trend. In the case of Rubrik, that trend is enterprise data management.
In the new world of cloud storage, there's still room for old standbys like tape. IBM says combining them can save enterprises money.
When it comes to storage, Facebook is learning to do more with less.
EMC will release its ViPR Controller storage automation and control software as an open-source project, letting third parties develop their own services and applications on top of it and possibly make ViPR work with more parts of enterprise storage e...
EMC's VCE division wants to take the engineered systems approach it's honed with its Vblocks into next-generation mobile and cloud applications.
EMC says enterprises like its XtremIO all-flash storage array, so in version 4.0, the company is offering more of it.
Hitachi Data Systems is aiming its big-data expertise at health care and enterprise IT departments with specialized products for combining types of information.
Past political trouble in the U.S. isn't stopping Huawei Technologies from selling its enterprise services in the country.
A developer edition of Box will allow enterprises to build applications on top of the company's content collaboration and sharing capabilities without using the Box user interface or requiring users to have a Box account.
Some enterprises that are happy to put their data in a public cloud prefer to keep the keys to that data under their own control. That's the message online file sync and sharing services are sending lately.
IBM and Fujifilm have figured out how to fit 220TB of data on a standard-size tape that fits in your hand, flexing the technology's strengths as a long-term storage medium.
With all the photos, videos, apps and tunes you have, the storage on your smartphone may not be enough. With that in mind, Intel is researching new ways to up the storage capacity in mobile devices and PCs without hurting the size or price of devices...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC