Samsung today announced what it is calling the first multi-terabyte consumer solid-state drive (SSD), which will offer 2TB of capacity in a 2.5-in. form factor for laptops and desktops.
Red Hat continues to make inroads into the enterprise storage software market, improving two of its core storage technologies and striking partnerships with key IT system resellers.
Snowflake Computing announced Tuesday that its cloud-based data warehouse service is available to all users.
Enterprise storage is a long-term bet. Pure Storage, a growing maker of all-flash arrays, is reshuffling the deck on that gamble in a way that might save IT departments time and money.
Sony's push to get enterprise users to store data on optical discs has received added momentum with its acquisition of a Facebook-linked startup focused on optical storage.
When a startup's $10 million in funding is followed two months later by a further $41 million, it's safe to say they're tapping into a trend. In the case of Rubrik, that trend is enterprise data management.
In the new world of cloud storage, there's still room for old standbys like tape. IBM says combining them can save enterprises money.
When it comes to storage, Facebook is learning to do more with less.
EMC will release its ViPR Controller storage automation and control software as an open-source project, letting third parties develop their own services and applications on top of it and possibly make ViPR work with more parts of enterprise storage e...
EMC's VCE division wants to take the engineered systems approach it's honed with its Vblocks into next-generation mobile and cloud applications.
EMC says enterprises like its XtremIO all-flash storage array, so in version 4.0, the company is offering more of it.
Hitachi Data Systems is aiming its big-data expertise at health care and enterprise IT departments with specialized products for combining types of information.
Past political trouble in the U.S. isn't stopping Huawei Technologies from selling its enterprise services in the country.
A developer edition of Box will allow enterprises to build applications on top of the company's content collaboration and sharing capabilities without using the Box user interface or requiring users to have a Box account.
Some enterprises that are happy to put their data in a public cloud prefer to keep the keys to that data under their own control. That's the message online file sync and sharing services are sending lately.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT