EMC's VCE division wants to take the engineered systems approach it's honed with its Vblocks into next-generation mobile and cloud applications.
EMC says enterprises like its XtremIO all-flash storage array, so in version 4.0, the company is offering more of it.
Hitachi Data Systems is aiming its big-data expertise at health care and enterprise IT departments with specialized products for combining types of information.
Past political trouble in the U.S. isn't stopping Huawei Technologies from selling its enterprise services in the country.
A developer edition of Box will allow enterprises to build applications on top of the company's content collaboration and sharing capabilities without using the Box user interface or requiring users to have a Box account.
Some enterprises that are happy to put their data in a public cloud prefer to keep the keys to that data under their own control. That's the message online file sync and sharing services are sending lately.
IBM and Fujifilm have figured out how to fit 220TB of data on a standard-size tape that fits in your hand, flexing the technology's strengths as a long-term storage medium.
With all the photos, videos, apps and tunes you have, the storage on your smartphone may not be enough. With that in mind, Intel is researching new ways to up the storage capacity in mobile devices and PCs without hurting the size or price of devices...
With Apple's latest MacBook and Google's newest Chromebook just out and featuring the new USB Type-C connector, we're on the lookout for peripherals that use the interface, and storage devices appear to be first out of the gate.
Smartphones, tablets and PCs are about to get a whole lot more storage capacity thanks to new 3D flash chips from Intel and Micron that cram more bits into a smaller space.
All-in-one boxes are hot in data centers, and the concept is starting to expand into backup and recovery.
EMC is drawing on its "federation" of companies to help customers build data lakes using EMC storage, VMware virtualisation and Pivotal Big Data smarts.
Chinese telecommunications and networking equipment giant Huawei Technologies is partnering left, right and center at Cebit as it seeks to more firmly establish itself in Europe.
SanDisk is hoping the $1/GB price of its new InfiniFlash storage platform will be enough to convince customers that all-flash systems can be viable for big-data applications, including content streaming and giant databases.
SanDisk has managed to cram 200GB of memory into a MicroSD card. The new card is a 56 percent jump on the current highest capacity MicroSD, a 128GB card.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- FTChange and Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- FTProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)WA
- CCSenior Technical LeadACT