Tablet computing is a decade-old technology, but one that lay buried since users rejected Microsoft's "heavy OS" approach a while back. A year ago, Apple's iPad resurrected the tablet computing concept, delivering a lightweight sheet of computational...
Acer, the No. 4 PC maker in the U.S., has released a line of servers and storage products for this market.
Microsoft researchers are trying to improve the efficiency of flash memory by building software that uses solid-state storage in conjunction with RAM and hard disk, and eliminates random writes and other wasted operations.
While I've reviewed many solid-state drives (SSD) in the past, I've never reviewed a mini-SATA (mSATA) SSD. So when Intel sent me one of their first such drives, the Intel Solid-State 310 (which shipped last month), I hoped it would perform like the ...
Users are complaining that Seagate's Momentus XT hybrid drive, which combines solid-state drive (SSD) technology with a traditional hard drive, has a significant defect that causes it to pause frequently, freeze up and beep a lot.
More and more traveling executives are leaving their laptops behind in favor of the iPad. They're writing documents, crunching numbers, and sharing files. Can you really swap your laptop with an iPad? Here is my three-part game plan for success...
If you want to know what IT tools and technologies you'll be using in a few years, it pays to keep an eye on enterprise technology start-ups.
Seagate Monday announced that it has shipped more than 1 million self-encrypting hard drives (SEDs), and that it has received a key government security rating for its top four lines of laptop and enterprise-class products.
Here's a new concept for spies (or people who like to throw things away) -- disposable "Flashkus" flash drives.
Disk maker Seagate claims it is finally making some headway in its attempts to get businesses to start buying its self-encrypting drive (SED) products, with a tripling in sales in the last two quarters.
Humankind has stored more than 295 billion gigabytes (or 295 exabytes) of data since 1986, according to a new report based on research by scientists at the University of Southern California.
A newly formed industry group has proposed a standard that could significantly boost the upload speeds of video content to mobile devices.
University of Southern California researchers have put a number on how much information humans can store, communicate and compute: 295 exabytes, give or a take a zettabyte.
As with buying insurance or taking vitamins, committing to data backup is a hard sell. Everyone knows that storing records safely in more than one place protects the health of a business, but many companies fail to establish backup systems that will ...
Most people -- even IT pros who spend their lives maintaining corporate computing infrastructure -- are so busy with life, families, work and the rest that they tend to leave periodic home PC maintenance tasks at the bottom of a long list of things t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCSalesforce Developer / UrgentNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW