While I've reviewed many solid-state drives (SSD) in the past, I've never reviewed a mini-SATA (mSATA) SSD. So when Intel sent me one of their first such drives, the Intel Solid-State 310 (which shipped last month), I hoped it would perform like the ...
Users are complaining that Seagate's Momentus XT hybrid drive, which combines solid-state drive (SSD) technology with a traditional hard drive, has a significant defect that causes it to pause frequently, freeze up and beep a lot.
More and more traveling executives are leaving their laptops behind in favor of the iPad. They're writing documents, crunching numbers, and sharing files. Can you really swap your laptop with an iPad? Here is my three-part game plan for success...
If you want to know what IT tools and technologies you'll be using in a few years, it pays to keep an eye on enterprise technology start-ups.
Seagate Monday announced that it has shipped more than 1 million self-encrypting hard drives (SEDs), and that it has received a key government security rating for its top four lines of laptop and enterprise-class products.
Here's a new concept for spies (or people who like to throw things away) -- disposable "Flashkus" flash drives.
Disk maker Seagate claims it is finally making some headway in its attempts to get businesses to start buying its self-encrypting drive (SED) products, with a tripling in sales in the last two quarters.
Humankind has stored more than 295 billion gigabytes (or 295 exabytes) of data since 1986, according to a new report based on research by scientists at the University of Southern California.
A newly formed industry group has proposed a standard that could significantly boost the upload speeds of video content to mobile devices.
University of Southern California researchers have put a number on how much information humans can store, communicate and compute: 295 exabytes, give or a take a zettabyte.
As with buying insurance or taking vitamins, committing to data backup is a hard sell. Everyone knows that storing records safely in more than one place protects the health of a business, but many companies fail to establish backup systems that will ...
Most people -- even IT pros who spend their lives maintaining corporate computing infrastructure -- are so busy with life, families, work and the rest that they tend to leave periodic home PC maintenance tasks at the bottom of a long list of things t...
In an effort to ease virtual machine management, Quest Software has folded its VMware replication software into its VMware backup software program, and now offers both in a single package, vRanger Pro.
The Gluster open-source file system is following the well-worn path into virtualization and cloud computing with the introduction on Tuesday of Gluster Virtual Storage Appliances for VMware and for the Amazon Web Services platform.
Storage company Xiotech has launched a new product in its ISE range of products claiming that it combines the best of hard disk drives and solid state disks into a single product.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Overclockers have pushed Intel's new Broadwell chip to 5.7GHz
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- Apple is said to be extending iPhone refreshes to once every three years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC