SanDisk is hoping the $1/GB price of its new InfiniFlash storage platform will be enough to convince customers that all-flash systems can be viable for big-data applications, including content streaming and giant databases.
SanDisk has managed to cram 200GB of memory into a MicroSD card. The new card is a 56 percent jump on the current highest capacity MicroSD, a 128GB card.
Samsung's 840 EVO SSDs were among the cream of the solid-state crop in 2013, boasting fast speeds and big-time storage capabilities at a (then) record low cost. But some buyers noticed a troubling occurrence: As time went on the drive's read performa...
The future of storage may not be in storage itself, but in the intelligence to manage it.
In this era of the all-pervasive cloud, it's easy to assume that the data we store will somehow be preserved forever. The only thing to fret about from a posterity perspective, we might think, is the analog information from days gone by -- all the st...
Converged infrastructure equipment is designed for ease of use, and EMC's latest product emulates the easiest tech toys around by including an app store.
Data management specialist Quantum wants to make it easier for enterprises to combine two of the major trends in storage: virtualization and public clouds.
The road to an initial public offering is rarely smooth for any company, but it's fair to say that Box's journey has been one of the bumpier ones. Though it filed plans to go public early last year, it wasn't until this week that the milestone finall...
Dropbox on Tuesday added yet another young startup to its brain trust with the acquisition of Israeli mobile-productivity app maker CloudOn.
Citrix Systems has acquired storage virtualization vendor Sanbolic in a move that could make it easier for Citrix users to use applications and virtual desktops spread across data centers and clouds.
CES is a consumer show, but there are plenty of nifty tools for businesses too.
The best and most noteworthy products and technologies found at CES 2015.
If you think laptops packing solid state drives (SSDs) are fast now, just wait until you see a notebook rocking Samsung's new SM951 MLC flash SSD, introduced during CES. Samsung's latest SSD ditches SATA for the PCIe (M.2) interface, similar to other...
It took longer than expected, but Samsung is finally expanding its product line to external solid-state drives with its new range of Portable SSD T1 products.
SanDisk has launched a new version of its small USB stick that can help transfer pictures, video and other files between computers and smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victim's wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA