Samsung is now mass producing the industry's first 3-bit-per cell, 64Gbit NAND flash chip, which uses circuitry that's about 14% smaller than before. The new chips pack twice as many bits as Samsung's current NAND flash offering.
GRAPEVINE, Texas -- When it came to managing most of AOL's 6 petabytes of data, a Fibre Channel SAN sufficed. But for its most critical relational database, AOL found that the SAN was too constrained and caused its IT shop to miss business unit servi...
Eschewing popular choices such as XML, CSV and JSON, Twitter has opted to format the back-end storage of its user and systems data with a relatively unknown format pioneered by Google, called Protocol Buffers.
DALLAS - For many of the IT professionals attending StorageNetworking World here, combining communications, server and storage networks is an appealing prospect. Some companies are already in the middle of converging on an IP network and others see i...
Symantec Corp. today announced Veritas Operations Manager 3.1 and Veritas Storage Foundation High Availability 5.1, the company's next generation family of storage management software.
Millions of small- and medium-sized businesses are vastly underserved by suppliers of data protection hardware and services, even though the organizations have many of the same needs as large enterprises, a new research report revealed.
Hitachi-LG Data Storage has developed a prototype data storage device that can automatically back up unused data to Blu-ray Disc cartridges, each capable of holding one terabyte (1TB) of data.
Calling it a "game changer," IBM today announced a modular storage array that can scale from 12 to 240 drives and accept legacy storage from competitors through a virtualization engine, which allows the storage to be managed as a single pool.
IBM debuted on Thursday a new, midrange disk storage system designed to better manage the increasing amount of data flowing through the Internet and growing volume of Web transactions.
Solid-state processor maker SandForce today announced a new line of controllers for enterprise-class drives that promise to double I/Os per second (IOPS) for those products.
India's Tata Communications is offering cloud based computing infrastructure services in India, with plans to extend the services to other markets including the U.S., Europe, Singapore and South Africa.
Citrix has announced a new version of Citrix XenServer claiming to have introduced new functionality to improve storage as companies roll out desktop virtualisation and ability to support cloud services.
Verbatim's new Store 'n' Go <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/156494/superspeed_usb_30_more_details_emerge.html?tk=rel_news">SuperSpeed USB 3.0</a> hard drives should be just what their name purports them to be: really fast, <a href="http://www...
HP this week rolled out new and enhanced products and services across its networking, security and computing portfolios designed to improve the performance and delivery of application services to businesses.
OCZ is set to begin shipping later this month its first solid state drive (SSD) using a new proprietary interface that's said to be three times faster than serial-attached SCSI (SAS).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New GDDR6 memory could hit GPUs in 2018
- Google is using AI to compress images better than JPEG
- Hackers tap vBulletin vulnerability to break into 27 million more accounts
- Telegram's encryption stymies French police but pleases their bosses
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCJunior SQL DBA - Entry LevelVIC
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce Developer / UrgentNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC