Western Digital has blown past the 2-terabyte barrier with a new 3.5-inch hard drive that has a whopping 3 TB of storage capacity. Drives larger than 2 TB were until recently impossible to use, because older computers could not recognize drive sizes ...
Western Digital Tuesday announced it's been shipping the industry's first serial ATA (SATA) 3TB internal hard drive for about a week. The new drive passes the previous 2.19TB ceiling due to 4-kilobyte sector sizes.
Physicists at the University of California at Riverside have made a breakthrough in developing a "spin computer," which would combine logic with nonvolatile memory, bypassing the need for computers to boot up.
Speculation that <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/100510-oracle-to-buy-sso-vendor.html?source=nww_rss">Oracle might buy EMC</a> pushed EMC's <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/101310-emc-tackles-big-data-with.html">stock pri...
GRAPEVINE, Texas -- A good chunk of attendees of Storage Networking World here this week revealed that trying to handle data management while maintaining a tight IT budget is their biggest management headache.
Samsung is now mass producing the industry's first 3-bit-per cell, 64Gbit NAND flash chip, which uses circuitry that's about 14% smaller than before. The new chips pack twice as many bits as Samsung's current NAND flash offering.
GRAPEVINE, Texas -- When it came to managing most of AOL's 6 petabytes of data, a Fibre Channel SAN sufficed. But for its most critical relational database, AOL found that the SAN was too constrained and caused its IT shop to miss business unit servi...
Eschewing popular choices such as XML, CSV and JSON, Twitter has opted to format the back-end storage of its user and systems data with a relatively unknown format pioneered by Google, called Protocol Buffers.
DALLAS - For many of the IT professionals attending StorageNetworking World here, combining communications, server and storage networks is an appealing prospect. Some companies are already in the middle of converging on an IP network and others see i...
Symantec Corp. today announced Veritas Operations Manager 3.1 and Veritas Storage Foundation High Availability 5.1, the company's next generation family of storage management software.
Millions of small- and medium-sized businesses are vastly underserved by suppliers of data protection hardware and services, even though the organizations have many of the same needs as large enterprises, a new research report revealed.
Hitachi-LG Data Storage has developed a prototype data storage device that can automatically back up unused data to Blu-ray Disc cartridges, each capable of holding one terabyte (1TB) of data.
Calling it a "game changer," IBM today announced a modular storage array that can scale from 12 to 240 drives and accept legacy storage from competitors through a virtualization engine, which allows the storage to be managed as a single pool.
IBM debuted on Thursday a new, midrange disk storage system designed to better manage the increasing amount of data flowing through the Internet and growing volume of Web transactions.
Solid-state processor maker SandForce today announced a new line of controllers for enterprise-class drives that promise to double I/Os per second (IOPS) for those products.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco snatches AppDynamics from IPO market for US$3.7b
- Microsoft's OneDrive for Business gets Mac client, shared folder sync
- Cyber criminals avoid fraud within their own ranks with new site
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- TPFunctional Business AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCMigration OfficerQLD