Sony will launch an external Blu-ray Disc rewritable drive this month that can burn BD-R discs that support 6X speed, but users hoping for fast transfers might encounter a bottleneck in the form of their computer.
EMC today announced that it is sponsoring a project to digitize the collections of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum and make them globally accessible via the Internet.
What a difference a year makes. Last September, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison launched into a tirade about the "nonsense" that cloud computing had become. The industry had gone haywire, he said, and slapped the buzzword on technologies that weren't really...
Seagate today unveiled what it calls the world's first 2.5-in, 1.5TB portable hard disk drive.
Oracle has integrated its software into the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance line for a new generation of the systems that also doubles storage capacity and triples processing power, the company said on Monday at Oracle OpenWorld.
Data storage vendor Scale Computing has set up in the UK and has announced its first British customer, City of London. The company, which specialises in selling to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), claimed that its highly modular approach to...
Amid tensions over ex-Hewlett-Packard CEO Mark Hurd's move to Oracle, HP will announce a new series of systems on Sunday for running Oracle applications on a private cloud.
Today, many enterprises find themselves mired in the ever increasing need of bigger inboxes and larger archives. But the problem is that their IT departments haven't got the dough to buy more storage."
When Data Robotics launched its first Drobo storage device three years ago, the company made a splash in the normally staid and stodgy storage market.
A new wireless NAS device from LaCie not only stores up to 2TB of data, it also is a wireless router and a video streaming center. For less than Apple's Time Capsule. How does it stack up?
Brocade today announced a new application aimed at managing storage-area networks (SAN) that use the Internet or Fibre Channel protocols through a single user interface.
Seagate's Momentus Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) has become the first encrypted laptop hard drive to get the critical FIPS 140-2 certification that the company hopes will finally help boost its sales to US and Canadian government organisations.
STEC Corp. on Tuesday released its highest endurance and performance solid-state drive (SSD) family to date. The drives are aimed at enterprise-class servers that can handle up to 30,000 I/O per second and have more than a five-year lifespan.
Oracle's newly minted co-president, Mark Hurd, is set to deliver a keynote speech at the vendor's OpenWorld conference on 20 September, in what could be the former Hewlett-Packard CEO's first high-profile appearance since leaving that company in Augu...
Both LaCie and Iomega have introduced pocket-sized USB drives that use the speedy new USB 3.0 standard for transferring data. But why should you go with one manufacturer over the other?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Programmer (.Net/SQL) 161027/P/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- TPTraining LeadVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- FTAccount Security ManagerACT
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA