Oracle has integrated its software into the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance line for a new generation of the systems that also doubles storage capacity and triples processing power, the company said on Monday at Oracle OpenWorld.
Data storage vendor Scale Computing has set up in the UK and has announced its first British customer, City of London. The company, which specialises in selling to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), claimed that its highly modular approach to...
Amid tensions over ex-Hewlett-Packard CEO Mark Hurd's move to Oracle, HP will announce a new series of systems on Sunday for running Oracle applications on a private cloud.
Today, many enterprises find themselves mired in the ever increasing need of bigger inboxes and larger archives. But the problem is that their IT departments haven't got the dough to buy more storage."
When Data Robotics launched its first Drobo storage device three years ago, the company made a splash in the normally staid and stodgy storage market.
A new wireless NAS device from LaCie not only stores up to 2TB of data, it also is a wireless router and a video streaming center. For less than Apple's Time Capsule. How does it stack up?
Brocade today announced a new application aimed at managing storage-area networks (SAN) that use the Internet or Fibre Channel protocols through a single user interface.
Seagate's Momentus Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) has become the first encrypted laptop hard drive to get the critical FIPS 140-2 certification that the company hopes will finally help boost its sales to US and Canadian government organisations.
STEC Corp. on Tuesday released its highest endurance and performance solid-state drive (SSD) family to date. The drives are aimed at enterprise-class servers that can handle up to 30,000 I/O per second and have more than a five-year lifespan.
Oracle's newly minted co-president, Mark Hurd, is set to deliver a keynote speech at the vendor's OpenWorld conference on 20 September, in what could be the former Hewlett-Packard CEO's first high-profile appearance since leaving that company in Augu...
Both LaCie and Iomega have introduced pocket-sized USB drives that use the speedy new USB 3.0 standard for transferring data. But why should you go with one manufacturer over the other?
SanDisk today announced a joint agreement with middleware vendor NDS MediaHighway that will allow it to sell its solid-state drives (SSD) to set-top box makers.
Pliant Technology today introduced a new family of lower-cost, higher-capacity solid state drives (SSD) based on consumer-grade NAND flash memory but built for data center use.
Hewlett-Packard today announced several product upgrades for its small and mid-sized customers, including a new version of its modular storage array with 10Gbit/sec. Ethernet ports.
Oracle's board of directors has weighed in against a shareholder proposal calling for the creation of a board-level committee on sustainability, according to the proxy statement for the vendor's upcoming annual meeting.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- Gain access to an ARM server running Linux OS, through the cloud
- SMS-based two-factor authentication may be headed out the door
- Intel is developing AR smart glasses for interactive collaboration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia