Both LaCie and Iomega have introduced pocket-sized USB drives that use the speedy new USB 3.0 standard for transferring data. But why should you go with one manufacturer over the other?
SanDisk today announced a joint agreement with middleware vendor NDS MediaHighway that will allow it to sell its solid-state drives (SSD) to set-top box makers.
Pliant Technology today introduced a new family of lower-cost, higher-capacity solid state drives (SSD) based on consumer-grade NAND flash memory but built for data center use.
Hewlett-Packard today announced several product upgrades for its small and mid-sized customers, including a new version of its modular storage array with 10Gbit/sec. Ethernet ports.
Oracle's board of directors has weighed in against a shareholder proposal calling for the creation of a board-level committee on sustainability, according to the proxy statement for the vendor's upcoming annual meeting.
Symantec Tuesday unveiled updated storage and backup gear, giving Enterprise Vault 9.0 a way to integrate archiving and discovery-related legal requests with Microsoft's cloud-based Business Productivity Online Services.
Symantec on Tuesday announced a new de-duplication appliance based on its existing software product. It also announced a cloud storage service for NetBackup and Backup Exec customers.
The ascendancy of former Hewlett-Packard CEO Mark Hurd to a co-president slot at Oracle could give the vendor's strategy of selling integrated systems a boost, according to some industry observers.
Hewlett-Packard is suing its former CEO, Mark Hurd, who was named co-president of rival Oracle on Monday, according to a report on the Wall Street Journal's website.
The market for enterprise disk storage systems grew strongly in the second quarter, continuing to recover from a slump brought on by the economic slowdown of 2008 and 2009, research company IDC said on Friday.
Some of the first fruits of a European Union-funded project led by IBM are making their way into the field of cloud computing, in the form of a virtual machine migration technology.
Northrop Grumman today apologized for an outage that began last Wednesday and caused 26 Virginia state agencies to lose their Web services, some for more than a week.
Hewlett-Packard and 3Par have signed a definitive agreement for HP to buy the California storage vendor for US$2.35 billion, the companies said Thursday.
3Par, which is already the subject of a bidding war between Hewlett-Packard and Dell, is now among a group of companies being sued by Crossroads Systems for patent infringement.
Hewlett-Packard today announced that it has entered into a joint development agreement with Hynix Semiconductor to develop and bring memristor, a new circuit element first demonstrated in HP Labs, to market in future memory products.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- SoftBank gives more detail about $50B US investment
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantACT
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- FTJunior Business Analyst Permanent North SydneyNSW
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW