The bidding war for storage vendor 3PAR continued to escalate Friday, with Hewlett-Packard submitting a new offer of US$30 per share, or $2 billion. The offer topped a $27 per share bid made by Dell earlier in the day.
Intel considered acquiring either Symantec or McAfee for years before it announced> last week that it would buy the latter, former Intel senior vice president Pat Gelsinger said on Thursday.
Hard on the heels of a report that a USB drive was used to compromise U.S. military networks in 2008, a security company today claimed that 25% of all new worms are designed to spread through the portable storage devices.
Hewlett-Packard has raised its offer for 3PAR to US$27 per share, outbidding Dell once more as the battle to acquire the California-based storage vendor continues.
EMC today unveiled upgrades to its midrange Clariion storage array and Celerra network-attached storage (NAS) gateway as well as new block-level data compression technology in its Fully Automated Storage Tiering(FAST) software.
3PAR will open discussions with Hewlett-Packard following that company's unsolicited $1.6 billion cash bid for the data storage maker, which exceeded an earlier bid from Dell.
The HP/Dell bidding war over storage vendor 3Par is shaping up to be a repeat of last year's high-profile battle between EMC and NetApp.
Hewlett-Packard has offered to buy 3PAR, a vendor of virtualized storage systems, for US$1.6 billion in cash, topping a bid of $1.15 billion made by Dell last Monday.
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak shared memories about memory on Thursday at the Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, California.
After two years of inflated prices, NAND flash memory prices are expected to dip down to a key $1 per gigabyte level, according to a new report by research firm iSuppli.
Data storage vendor NetApp reported today on its revenue for the first quarter of 2011, stating total product sales grew 51% when compared with the same quarter last year; and overall revenue was up 36 per cent.
SanDisk Wednesday unveiled a solid state drive (SSD) that is smaller than a postage stamp and weighs less than a paperclip.
Solid state drives just got a whole lot smaller. Memory maker SanDisk introduced a new super compact memory chip that is smaller than your average postage stamp and lighter than a paperclip.
Toshiba will detail a breakthrough in data storage later Wednesday that it says paves the way for hard drives with vastly higher capacity than today.
Device and storage vendors are gradually embracing flash SSDs (solid-state disks) as a complement to spinning disk drives, but one executive at this week's Flash Memory Summit sees great potential in turning flash "upside down," as a lower tier of ca...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC