The MacBook Air has won over a large number of Apple laptop users. But in order to offer such extreme portability, the MacBook Air comes with a few tradeoffs. One of those tradeoffs is with the flash storage — it's fast, but it's expensive, and...
At DCA we regularly deal with people who come to us for data recovery. We have a pretty good track record at salvaging important files; however, in many instances of catastrophic damage to the hard drive, there is no means of recovery. This can leave...
FreeOTFE may sound like a political bumper sticker, but it stands for "Free On The Fly Encryption." The "Free" part is self-explanatory; "On The Fly Encryption" refers to the encrypting/decrypting of data as it is written to or read from your hard di...
Network-attached storage (NAS) can make your business easier to run and more efficient in multiple ways.
The other day, my wife asked me how to copy a PowerPoint presentation to a flash drive so she could take it with her to school. I was a little shocked. My very own wife doesn't know how to do this? I've failed as a husband!
Although live CDs have a lot of advantages, they don't fit in your pocket easily, which means you may not always have one around when you need it. Fortunately, most live CD images can be installed onto a USB flash drive, giving you most of the benefi...
After reading Recover Missing Files, Frederic Hugues asked about recovering them from a networked-attached storage (NAS) drive.
Last week I told you how to make a new computer hassle-free; to wit, I described how to create a system-repair disc, dump the junkware, and set up security. Now that you've got your PC just the way you want it, it's time to perform what I consider to...
Peter's motherboard died. How can he retrieve the data on his hard drive?
When people talk about the "size" of a hard drive, they generally mean it's capacity--how many gigabytes of data it holds. But you should also consider its literal, physical size.
Any business of any size runs on information, whether it's keeping track of accounting data or managing the flow of proposals and orders. Over the past 25 years, computers have transformed the way that small businesses operate, making it possible to ...
Losing your laptop can be expensive in three ways. First, you'll spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to replace the hardware. Second, you'll suffer the time and aggravation of restoring your data, all the while hoping you have everything backed up...
Buying a new hard drive with lots of storage space can give your PC a new lease on life and can improve your system's performance. But you need to make some decisions before you start transferring your data.
It happens to all of us: You turn on your system and see the stomach-churning "disk not found" error. It's really not surprising considering hard drives fail -- more often than you might think.
kckrug1994 asked the Answer Line Forum if a game or application would will work if installed onto an external drive.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
- Severe vulnerability in Cisco's WebEx extension for Chrome leaves PCs open to easy attack
- D-Wave's $15 million quantum computer runs a staggering 2,000 qubits
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle SQL DeveloperACT
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- CCAccessability TesterACT