Attackers have started exploiting a flaw in the most widely used software for the DNS (Domain Name System), which translates domain names into IP addresses.
Attackers are using a sneaky method to steal payment card data from websites using Magento, eBay's widely used e-commerce platform.
Website owners are complaining that a free security tool started displaying unwanted advertising pop-ups to their visitors.
A new WordPress version released Thursday fixes two critical cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to compromise websites.
Those using Magento's e-commerce platform should ensure they're using its latest software, as attackers are increasingly exploiting a flaw patched two months ago, security companies warned.
Ambiguous WordPress documentation led many plug-in and theme developers to make an error that exposed websites to cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
A vulnerability in the popular WP Super Cache plug-in for WordPress could allow attackers to inject malicious scripts into websites. The scripts, when loaded by administrators, could trigger unauthorized actions.
WordPress site owners using the WP-Slimstat plug-in installed should upgrade it to the latest version immediately in order to fix a critical vulnerability, security researchers warn.
WordPress sites with the plug-in Fancybox-for-WordPress should apply a critical security update released Thursday that fixes a vulnerability already exploited by attackers.
A critical vulnerability in glibc, a core Linux library, can be exploited remotely through WordPress and likely other PHP applications to compromise Web servers.
Google has stopped a widespread malicious advertising attack that bounced Web surfers to dodgy sites hawking weight loss and skin care products.
New security updates released for the WordPress content management system and one of its popular plug-ins fix cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to take control of websites.
Users of Drupal, one of the most popular content management systems, should consider their sites compromised if they didn't immediately apply a security patch released on Oct. 15.
A critical vulnerability in a popular e-commerce extension for the Joomla content management system allows malicious users to gain super-admin privileges to sites that run the software.
Attackers are actively exploiting a critical vulnerability in a WordPress plug-in that's used by a large number of themes, researchers from two security companies warned Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC