Sun was founded Andy Bechtolsheim, Vinod Khosla, Scott McNealy and Bill Joy in 1982. Sun went public in 1986 and was raking in $1 billion in annual sales by 1988.
Sun Microsystems in pictures
While he thinks Dell buying EMC makes sense financially, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Vinod Khosla, has little faith in the merged company's ability to innovate.
It's coming up on four years since ex-Sun CEO Scott McNealy launched Wayin, but the startup today bears little resemblance to its original self.
Scott McNealy is best known for his role as cofounder and long-serving CEO at Sun Microsystems, but some remember him even better for a few choice comments he made about privacy back in 1999.
Larry Ellison may no longer be CEO of Oracle, but he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Indeed, as executive chairman and CTO, Ellison is now in a position to focus solely on creating new products and services that will cement his legacy as he enters...
Oracle's massive annual OpenWorld conference isn't happening until late September, but the vendor recently unveiled details of nearly 1,800 sessions planned for the event that on balance paint a comprehensive picture of what its customers, partners a...
Go to a technology event or corporate meeting these days and you're bound to hear from a guest speaker. It's often someone like a retired politician telling war stories, or a new-age management guru delivering a thinly veiled pitch for their latest b...
Many eyes in the tech world will fall on Oracle later this week, when the vendor's fourth-quarter results are set for release. This is typically the biggest reporting period for Oracle each year in terms of revenue, but a number of questions loom bey...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
- This mobile Trojan from China fills your phone with porn apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT